Leaky Hydrobooster

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mine is leaking right between the two cast iron pieces. Is there a seal that can be replaced? Is this something bad? I seem to remember someone saying they all leak some, is this right? Mine is a rebuild unit.

Thank You.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, there is a rebuild kit available for these. I have been trying to deal with a seller on Ebay named Rafel who has a shop in Pasadena Ca. Its about 20 miles from my home but he keeps putting me off. You may have better luck by asking him questions. You can find him on the hydroboost section on Ebay. Thats where I found him. We have emailed back and forth a few times but nothing in the past 2 weeks. I continue to send him messages but no returns... Yet. Its a damn shame when you have money in your pocket and someone wont respond to you about spending it. I guess not everyone needs my money or wants it.:dunno ;Pissed :moon:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is a hole unit on rock auto for 179.79 less 50.00 core charge.
Advance auto has one for 139.00 too but no rebuild kit for this babys why?:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ez-
there's four bolts that hold the two halves together. tighten them up a little. I've found that loose bolts are ofter the problem there. Now if it's leaking out the back pushrod or the front area, you have a real problem there.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
ez-
there's four bolts that hold the two halves together. tighten them up a little. I've found that loose bolts are ofter the problem there. Now if it's leaking out the back pushrod or the front area, you have a real problem there.

Nope the leak is right where You said, I'll give it a try.

Still, anyone know of a place that offers this rebuild kits?

Thank You.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For rebuild kits go to Ebay under hydroboost or brakes-master cylinders and look for it. I have found them there all the time.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There are none right now that I can see please share if You find one in the future.

Tank You.