Lead on banks turbo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and to think i just had a 86 chev cc with a 6.2 and banks turbo hauled off 2 months ago. towcat try getting ahold of bent and twisted towing in oakdale he said he might take the turbo setup off before sending the truck to picknpull
that's the problem. these kits are often unwanted stepchildren but there are a few foolhardy 6.2 owners who want to see how soon they can break their trucks. this guy took the '83 around the block and had a religious experience. he doesn't want to do the extensive mods I had to do to the '83 in order to make a 6.5 factory setup work, but he wants some extra power....go figure;Sweet. sooooo.....the banks kit is the better suggestion.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
a deltagate is a wastegate that operates independently of the turbo. it bleeds off the overpressure from the pre turbo exhaust side and can dump to atmoshpere or back into the exhaust downstream of the turbo. it's much more efficient than any wastegate found on a turbo.

Should i be scared to even think about how expensive somethign like that is? because i kinda am...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should i be scared to even think about how expensive somethign like that is? because i kinda am...
what I'd highly reccomend then is to dream realistically. If you can't pay...don't play. going twins looks cool but will cost a bundle to execute a well thought of plan. stay with a single compressor kit in the meantime and learn your limitations. ;Sweet

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
what I'd highly reccomend then is to dream realistically. If you can't pay...don't play. going twins looks cool but will cost a bundle to execute a well thought of plan. stay with a single compressor kit in the meantime and learn your limitations. ;Sweet

yeah i like that idea, its not as stressful and alot cheaper :D