Last Ride

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I was looking through some of my old pictures-came across this one.Bring back Memories? Its a reminder of a ongoing topic of discussion-that has continued off and on for a few years. Sure was cold that night-we ran all the next day in a snow storm,to get it to a good place to sit for a while ;Really .
I always enjoyed his company whenever our path crossed.A great guy. Ok U older members do U remember this event in Oilburners history? :dunno Care to Guess?

Attachments

• Last Ride.JPG
    Last Ride.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 84
  • A8 The Gang in Alabama.JPG
    A8 The Gang in Alabama.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

suv7734

Reaction score
The Enterprise on its way to...

a kudzu field.

Boy that was a while ago. Nice pics OMB!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long as Jonathan can keep the squirrels out of that E it will be ready to go when he wants to and can afford it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To bad it's not Chrstine. At least it would have fixed itself by now, and probably would have driven back to Indiana to kill somebody. ;Really

LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Enterprise heading down south to retire apparently. LOL ;Sweet Travis worked it like a rented mule and now it just wants to sleep in the soft kudzu for the rest of it's life.;Really

Heath

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Still have a copy of all these pictures....Maybe one day we can meet up again and maybe I can get all that IDI stuff outta your way if it is still there.......how long has it been since I bought it?3years?As for cold....yea,it was...and the snow in the bed was still there for 2 days after delivery and the final push to the shop....Ironically,the E died in the exact same location headed home but on the other side of the 4 lane......and the Deuce blew it's turbo last year at the exact same place and I managed to roll it about 2 more miles to the race car shop and parked it for about a month in the same place as the E was....

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
actually,I have offically number the E as the NCC1701-D since it has been refitted 4 times with engines.....I think....you did blow the original up,replaced it,blew it up,replaced it,blew it up and abandoned it where I put another and abandoned it again.....right?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Ok U got it ! For newer members this is the funeral procession (altho it wasn't supposed to be a funeral):rotflmao :dunno :rotflmao :hail for the Enterprize in Dec /04.

We travis (agrve) and myself loaded it in Ft Wayne ,Indiana around midnight,1st Pic. Then delivered it to Johnathan (freighttrain) in Gadsen,Alabama the next night. From what i understand it still hasn't been burried-its still in the morgue.:D

May ye rest in peace :angel:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I look at Travis in that picture and keep having the hook of a Stone Temple Pilots song running through my head:

"I'm half the man I use to be. . ."