Last Ride

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jonathan, the lumy-mag has the same specs as anything else for the pulse method. If you have a luminosity probe that is any good it can also do the luminosity method. The spec there is 1.5*ATDC at 1400 rpm at least that's what Haynes says, and that's where I had the timing on my old pump. Seemed to work well till that pump died.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also its possible you have a bad stage 1 injector in the #1 hole. Reklund's similar experience in being unable to get a pulse from #1 was what suggested that Ken had some QC issues and ultimately led to a lot of people turning against him. That injector was stuck shut. I am NOT saying DPS stuff is crap. Ken's pumps apparently perform as advertised most of the time and he even has a few happy customers with the stage 1s. I'm just not sold on them given his treatment is so extreme to flow that kind of fuel radically alters if not completely does away with the pintle and makes the spray pattern funky. You can test stage 1s but any ordinary shop will flunk them and tell you you've been had. You can really only test for correct pop off pressure. I suggest you check for a pulse at #4 as RL suggested...if you get one you know your problem. If you have a problem...just get all the stage 1s tested...for pop pressure only...ignore what the shop says about anything else, or get some brand new Delphis, either BB or their G code equivalent(if available) and it will run fantastic with those Injs and a DPS pump.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok,If I can't get a signal I am gonna just dump the entire setup and try to find a good used setup till I can buy one of the moose pumps Extremes.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Is that the only thing that is wrong The E???? You have left it sitting because of injectors. Damn son what the heck - if you at least put a set of stock ones in it will run. I'm sure with all the parts and pieces you have laying around you can scrape up 8 of them that at least squirt somewhat...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what I'd do with that many Cores Jonathan? I'd pick 'em apart and learn how to build them myself. No need to ditch the whole setup...but if you do ditch the DPS pump give me a call, or PM, maybe we can work out a deal...that is if its at least next spring. I'm not that far from the poorhouse right now.