Last chance for getting the Carrier/Facet pumps from me.....

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dork

Well, I snooze I lose. I guess I will have to find another good pump.

And all because I couldn't decide if I wanted to do PayPal or Money Order.

I am a complete putz for missing out on this one.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I snooze I lose. I guess I will have to find another good pump.
And all because I couldn't decide if I wanted to do PayPal or Money Order.
I am a complete putz for missing out on this one.

well it's not like you can't go and buy one.Doug's just letting you know he can't get them for ya for the super awesome price of 80$ with shipping included.you'll just have to pay more.like here for example:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=9705

they're still worth buying at he higher price.they last and last,so it's not like you have to consider a different pump.
either carrier or facet.the one rated for around 30 gph with 9-11 psi is what your after.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
$15 more. Whoopie. Lol

Just kidding guys.

Thanks for what you've done, Doug. I'm sure all that bought one from you greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it's not like you can't go and buy one.Doug's just letting you know he can't get them for ya for the super awesome price of 80$ with shipping included.you'll just have to pay more.like here for example:
Doug, is that the same pump that you had available?

BTW, Doug, thank you for everything that you did with this...I was on the fence about getting one (still not sure if I want to go that route or just stick with a mechanical pump); unfortunately, I didn't see this post until just now.

fhafer

Reaction score
I bought one three years ago, but not from Doug. I paid full price from the local Carrier dealer. I intended on installing it on my F-250...but I use the darn thing so often when I'm troubleshooting and repairing other diesel engines, I just can't do without it! You can't beat it for power-priming a fuel circuit!!!!!!! IIRC, I paid around $115.00 for it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
Glad I jumped on this when I did! Got mine installed just a couple weeks ago. Very happy with it!

Just in case I ever wanted a spare, though, does anyone know the PN for the pump?

Mike

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may still have a spare in my truck. Just waiting for my Dad to look for it among all the parts I packed into it before I moved.

Doug that would be great, however I don't expect something from your personal backup stash!
If it available Pm me about payment.
Thnax cb

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Doug, is that the same pump that you had available?

BTW, Doug, thank you for everything that you did with this...I was on the fence about getting one (still not sure if I want to go that route or just stick with a mechanical pump); unfortunately, I didn't see this post until just now.

That is the same pump. At $15+shipping more, it's still a good deal. I think NAPA has one as well, but a little more $$.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score

they're still worth buying at he higher price.they last and last,so it's not like you have to consider a different pump.
either carrier or facet.the one rated for around 30 gph with 9-11 psi is what your after.

Anyone who wasn't able to get one from me, here's another option. Thanks for the link!

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug, I had a question for you regarding the pump, from the website (http://facet-purolator.com/dura-lift-pumps.php) it shows that the pump you were selling is rated at 9-11.5 psi, and from what I understand is more than the engine needs. There are 2 other pumps on that website that are rated at a lower PSI P/N 40285 (4-7psi) and P/N 40303(4.25-6.25psi). The 40285 pump looks like the one you were selling, but the 40303 looks different. THe specs on the website show these can only lift 60" instead of the 120" like the one you were selling.

If I were to mount one after the selector valve, do you think that it matters what PSI I get? I honest don't think it matters that much, but I have read here and there people using pressure regulators on pumps that go more than 7psi. Just wanted to know what your thought are on this.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never got around to using mine. Changing direction, I'll pass mine along for the $80 I paid when I post some stuff in the market place here soon.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Doug, I had a question for you regarding the pump, from the website (http://facet-purolator.com/dura-lift-pumps.php) it shows that the pump you were selling is rated at 9-11.5 psi, and from what I understand is more than the engine needs. There are 2 other pumps on that website that are rated at a lower PSI P/N 40285 (4-7psi) and P/N 40303(4.25-6.25psi). The 40285 pump looks like the one you were selling, but the 40303 looks different. THe specs on the website show these can only lift 60" instead of the 120" like the one you were selling.

If I were to mount one after the selector valve, do you think that it matters what PSI I get? I honest don't think it matters that much, but I have read here and there people using pressure regulators on pumps that go more than 7psi. Just wanted to know what your thought are on this.

With the ones I supplied, the 9-11 psi is actually about 4-8psi while in use (gauge after the stock filter). I'd be worried that the lower psi rating would drop even farther in actual use. And it shouldn't matter where the pump is in relation to the FSV as to what the pressure rating is. The lift rating doesn't really matter on our trucks, as the tanks aren't that much different in height to the engines.