just got my new injectors and returns

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright just got my new injectors and return line kit in, any suggestions as in antisieze on the threads, or greasing the o-rings, etc.? I know when it comes to these things there can be certain quirks that can make things go better and work smoother.

Thanks

-Jordan-

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use vaseline/petroleum jelly on the o-rings and copper or nickle anti-seize on the injector threads.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, gotta use antiseize on the injector thread. Copper based would be my first choice, but even aluminum based antisieze is better than nothing. You might want to use a very small amount between the copper washer and the bottom of the injector to help hold the washer in place during installation. Torque the injectors down to 35 ft/lbs.

Diesel is what I usually use on the oil rings, but I've also heard of guys using petrolium jelly as well with good results. Not too much, just a thin coat.

Be sure to reinstall the injector line clamps if they were removed to during the injector swap. They prevent vibrations from damaging the injector lines. Without them, you will likely have a line or two crack/fail.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its just as posted above... I have found that the return caps need to be "cleaned" of the flash on the ends. The diameter where the o ring slides over has a small bit of cast flash. Use an exacto knife to clean this off and the o rings will slide in easier without dragging on the sharp edge...:sly

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tHE VERY BEST O-RING LUBE IS KY OR ASTROGLIDE DON'T LET THE WIFE KNOW OR SHE WILL KNOW THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR TRUCK IS UNHEALTHY!

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tHE VERY BEST O-RING LUBE IS KY OR ASTROGLIDE DON'T LET THE WIFE KNOW OR SHE WILL KNOW THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR TRUCK IS UNHEALTHY!

KY is good but tends to dry up and get sticky if not assembled immediately. I prefer petroleum since that is what the o-rings are designed to withstand anyway. Petroleum allows you to reposition the return line for several hours prior to starting the engine.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no big deal, ive put injectors in before, just not in and idi, so i was just checkin everything out, didnt even get to start on it yesterday, hopefully today but i may have just got volunteered into brakes on my gf's car lol

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Diesel is what I usually use on the oil rings, but I've also heard of guys using petrolium jelly as well with good results. Not too much, just a thin coat.

Heath

I figured that you would use K-Y Jelly....... I thought you would have a plentiful supply...... :rotflmao:rotflmao

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i didnt realize how necessary and how much everyone suggested testing even new injectors, so im goin and gettin them all tested today and puttin it all on saturday or sunday

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that you would use K-Y Jelly....... I thought you would have a plentiful supply...... :rotflmao:rotflmao

Yeah, I get that stuff and latex gloves by the case.:rotflmao But, I've always been concerned about using water based lube on a pertrolium fuel system. You know the 'ol "oil and water don't mix" thing.

Heath

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright all the injectors tested out good so hopefully ill get this done either saturday or sunday. I was also suprised to find i can get a inection pump rebuilt by the international house for 370, which was a whole lot better price than i thought.