Jesus Freaks WMO thread!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and got @225gals of FREE diesel today and @40gals of oil to. I had to do some musical chairs for drums to put it in. The diesel is supposed to have "black mold" in it. it looked fine to me, not cloudy or weird. It's supposed to be 3-4yrs old. I pumped it out of a 275gal tank into 55gal drums. My plan is to treat it with Diesel Kleen or something as I use it and mix it 50/50 since we're finally starting to cool off in majestic NW Florida. Here's a picture of my dually with the squats.

Attachments

• IMG_20231013_111519.jpg
    IMG_20231013_111519.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 11

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DANG...nice score! How did you pump that much? Some kind of high-volume transfer pump? Or take a nap for each barrel? :joker:
I have a old hand pump that actually moves diesel really fast. It's slower with the oil, but I was probably filling up a drum in less than 5min. Now, I know that sounds like a BUNCH of work.........but how many hours does someone have to put in at their "job" to make the $1000-1200 you would have to spend on that much diesel? I don't mind sweating a little bit.

When I got home I had to pump out some drums of oil to my holding tank and transfer some of the diesel to other drums. So all in all I got a killer shoulder workout and am feeling it today, but I'm basking in "gas station freedom"!

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
I get it. I started w/ a hand pump and eventually found a good deal on a military transfer pump that plugs into the trucks slave port. Of course it's 24v so not much use to 12v'ers. It definitely lets me fill the two 50gal tanks in the bed fairly fast.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it. I started w/ a hand pump and eventually found a good deal on a military transfer pump that plugs into the trucks slave port. Of course it's 24v so not much use to 12v'ers. It definitely lets me fill the two 50gal tanks in the bed fairly fast.
Yeah, if I came across one I'd go electric but I'm in no hurry...... I'm low tech....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WMO is yesterday, text me when Jesus Freaks Pyrolysis Fuel thread is live.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't know, that's just a tindge toooooo......uhhhhhh....... well I really don't know, but it's not my bag. I can haul tires to the land fill for free in my county, and I'm not interested in baby sitting a system like that. There's also waste oil distillation, THAT also looks like a bomb about to go off. And if the police or FBI show up there won't be any explaining either of those systems.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, that's just a tindge toooooo......uhhhhhh....... well I really don't know, but it's not my bag. I can haul tires to the land fill for free in my county, and I'm not interested in baby sitting a system like that. There's also waste oil distillation, THAT also looks like a bomb about to go off. And if the police or FBI show up there won't be any explaining either of those systems.
Not tto mention neither of those agnecys want us makingbour own fuel so i bet theyd paint you a villin in a haeart beat to make an example.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not tto mention neither of those agnecys want us makingbour own fuel so i bet theyd paint you a villin in a haeart beat to make an example.
Some of that stuff really seems like a lot of work for just a little. If I had to go through all that, I'd might as well buy diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online

No members online now.