IT'S RUNNING

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the thoughts. I was very agrivated last night. I really need this truck running and it seamed like we finally had it fixed and bam it is dead again. I am sure it is going to turm out something simple,but I was just PISSED OFF last night. Needed to vent and this was the only place that venting would help cause I know i would get help. THANKS AGAIN.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ, if you and Tanya didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all! LOL Golly, what a mess. Cooler heads must prevail. Go slow, be patient, and figure it out. We know it's not a major mechanical problem, so this should be easy. REMEMBER! It's best to disconnect the glow plugs until your sure you have fuel at the injectors. Many folks unwittingly burn them out during troubleshooting!

Things to check:

Fuel to IP (test by removing the return line from the pump. With the cold idle disconnected, it should *** all over itself.)

Fuel to Injectors (listen for click of FSV solenoid - if good, grab a spare injector and if possible and injector line, and connect to one of the top fittings on the rotary head. Ideally, the line should point streight up. keep the injector off until you have fuel there, then put an injector on the line and crank. - stand clear of the spray pattern. You can take the glow plugs out to save the starter and battery)

If you can't get fuel to the injectors, take the fuel turn-up screw access cover off, and visually verify that their are parts rotating inside when you crank. If you snapped a pump shaft, that can be a ****** to overlook.

My vote is to not mess with replacing the mechanical lift pump. Do a Holley RED right now!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got home this evening with a clear head and a new pump (sorry didn't get the holley red) but put the mechanical pump in and cleared all the air and had Tanya turn her over and she fired right up!;Sweet

The holley red will be a clinic at the Rally. Will go to summit and get me one before then.

Thanks for all the support and help it was much better with a clear head.
:hail :hail :hail

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: ;Sweet Now that makes me feel a whole lot better!!!! Well I wish I coulda still been there to help you with that pump instead of putting one on that dang Cheby!!! Did it go alittle bit easier than the Chev? Does it got a pin/cylindar thing too?
Excellent Excellent news!! I've been wondering about it all day! Great Job!! :thumbsup:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Congrats.Wish I could have come over there.We got a small fire stoked up under our ***** at the race shop and I sure wasn't going to let it extenguish.But hey,atleast I was working on a Ford.....

pafixitman

Reaction score
I don't know Eric, people's trucks seem to go to **** after you wrench on 'em!:eek: :angel: :rotflmao

Glad to hear it all worked out. Eric has gotten a great IDI education this past year! I nominate him to do a head gasket clinic at the rally!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know Eric, people's trucks seem to go to **** after you wrench on 'em!:eek: :angel: :rotflmao

Glad to hear it all worked out. Eric has gotten a great IDI education this past year! I nominate him to do a head gasket clinic at the rally!

LOL That is exactly what I told BJ!! I told em after he posts about this nobody is EVER gonna let me come help again!! First yours then I go over and help FSSnowboard put on a holley red...keeps leaking (never did hear how he made out with that) anyway and now Peppermint! Well it's a good thing I got my education while I could...doesn't look like I'm gonna be part of any more wrenching projects for awhile! :rolleyes: :D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hey,come over and help wrench on the Enterprise....Not like you could give it any more bad luck.....

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric it went a whole lot better and no it runs on a cam not a pin. The education Eric got this time was alot of MURPHY's Law but it all worked out.

BTW I forgot to mention that I hit a Black cat on my way to work on Friday! Think that may have something to do with it?:eek: :eek:

As far as helping, Eric you may come help me any time. Bring those nice purdy tools I can supply the grease FREE of charge.

I second the nomination for the head Gasket clinic.;Sweet LOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
BJ, Ive been following your troubles... Man I feel for ya... Really glad to read that its running well again...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726