It's gonna be Intercooled.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I decided to Intercool Big Ed when the Cummins Conversion happens. I have had this truck:

http://dandlautosales.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=36190115

on my lot for a cople of months. It has an ATS turbo with the Hypermax Intercooler. Well I pulled it in the shop this aftenoon and removed the IC and will get it cleaned up and ready to install on my truck. ;Sweet

I will get some pics of it tomorrow.

Looks like I will have to change the wording on the truck ad ;Really

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
that brick nose has been sitting around on your lot long enough you may as well pillage the IC off it. it looks like a nice truck though why hasn't it sold?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOO OOO I KNOW I KNOW!!! IT"S 2WD!!!! :puke: :puke: LOL who'd want that?! :dunno cookoo

OOO OOO I KNOW.......Me....... I don't need a 4x4 down south of the rust belt creating extra drag in the driveline, lower fuel economy, higher initial purchase price and higher mainenance costsLOL

WAIT :confused:.......:dunno ......seeing how most 4WD trucks have open differentials and factory limited slip units are not that great or burn up from abuse and don't get proper maintenance, most 4x4 trucks only have 2 tires working anyways....so being it's a dually and mine is a dually with 2 tires actually working I guess they are really 4 wheel drive:D .:thumbsup:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
OOO OOO I KNOW.......Me....... I don't need a 4x4 down south of the rust belt creating extra drag in the driveline, lower fuel economy, higher initial purchase price and higher mainenance costsLOL

WAIT :confused:.......:dunno ......seeing how most 4WD trucks have open differentials and factory limited slip units are not that great or burn up from abuse and don't get proper maintenance, most 4x4 trucks only have 2 tires working anyways....so being it's a dually and mine is a dually with 2 tires actually working I guess they are really 4 wheel drive:D .:thumbsup:

yea:rolleyes: thats why 2WD trucks get stuck in the grass in my yard i wont even bring up what happens when the south gets a dusting of snow:D ;Poke

i personally dont even consider a truck unless it is 4WD

wish i had a lot to steel parts from, trouble is i would take to much and it would look more like a salvage yard than dealershipLOL the innercooler should up the fun factor;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... that's a $1500 price reduction on the bricknose then. ;Really

LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
So,does this mean the lines above your avitars are going to change?May I suggest the following to.......IDI traitor and Loosing the force! ;Poke :flipa :kick: ;Really :D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea:rolleyes: thats why 2WD trucks get stuck in the grass in my yard i wont even bring up what happens when the south gets a dusting of snow:D ;Poke

i personally dont even consider a truck unless it is 4WD

I once was like that and used to buy nothing but 4x4 when I lived in Michigan and yes I know what happens down here:flipa

We take the day off and watch everybody with a 4wd SUV thinking they are cool drive off into the ditch and run into stuff:rotflmao ...Just because you have 4WD doesn't mean you know how to drive ;Poke

Come to think of it I'm retired and everyday is a day off, have a generator, woodstove and a freezer full of food so I don't need a 4x4;p.......Of course I could just hook up the TT and go further south to avoid it all together too.LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
that brick nose has been sitting around on your lot long enough you may as well pillage the IC off it. it looks like a nice truck though why hasn't it sold?

Yes it has, I decided that it really won't loose much value because most buyers dont expect an intercooler but are happy with a turbo. A lot of them don't even know what it does. I have had to explain it a lot to customers on this and the Coloroado truck.

Really don't know why it hasn't sold. It is a diecent truck runs strong, new heads, tires, and a solid body. The front seats arent right for the truck, has a real nice tennay cover and extra tank in the bed. It just takes the right buyer and he/she hasn't shown up yet. It is funny sometimes I think something will sell quick and it just sits, other times I think "Why did I buy this" and it sells the next day.

One thing for shure, whenever I sell anything, I am guarenteed to get 3 calls on it the next day. It happens all the time,..cookoo :dunno

OOO OOO I KNOW I KNOW!!! IT"S 2WD!!!! who'd want that?!

It really doesn't matter much. I actually find that it is easier to sell a 2wd dually than a 4x4 dually. Most people that use them are for towing a camper in the summer, and it sits in the winter. They would rather have the 2wd because it sits lower and is better for towing. If you need/want a 4x4 that is what you will buy.

Also since ford didn't make a CC 4x4 dually, (only conversion companies did) they are a lot harder to find. That is why I try to pick them up whenever I have a chance.:D

hey Darrin want a 2 for one?

I'll bring you my 87 and 88 for the 91?

I do take trades :D

Hmmm... that's a $1500 price reduction on the bricknose then.

Maybee $500.00 just to sell it,.:dunno

wish i had a lot to steel parts from, trouble is i would take to much and it would look more like a salvage yard than dealership the innercooler should up the fun factor

;Sweet Lot of parts on Big Ed are supplied by D&L Auto Sales :D

Here are some pics of the IC and the ***** truck :love:

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 27
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    410.3 KB · Views: 30
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 27

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and watch everybody with a 4wd SUV thinking they are cool drive off into the ditch and run into stuff:rotflmao ...Just because you have 4WD doesn't mean you know how to drive ;Poke

I can sure tell you lived in michigan, cause thats what everyone does,LOL I have a 4wd truck but I probably used it about 3 times last winter and 2 of them where to pull friends out of the ditch.:dunno I may drive about 45mph everywhere I go, but I am going to get there in one piece- my vehicle too. What alot of people dont realize is that its not the traction to get moving, its the traction to stop. 4wd isnt going to help that.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I still drive my Firebird to work in the winter, when we have snow. I just throw a couple bags of cement in the trunk. I can't justify using the truck as a daily driver.....or do donuts in it.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
well i'd rather have the front axle incase i get stuck on wet grass and can easily avoid a $50 tow bill, or and angry landowner chewing out my ass b/c i tore the crap outta his grass spinning my way out, where if i had a front axle, lock 'em in and shove it in 4wd, spend a little now, save alot (of aggravation) later! ;Sweet kinda like what i'm doing with the scout, i'll pony up ALOT ( :puke: ) now so it'll last later. plus i go in the woods, the only thing i ever saw go good in the woods that was 2wd was a '88 grand marquis i had, WITH TIRE CHAINS!!! :rotflmao it was a good time. cookoo

-Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.