It's been 1000 years so I must have a question!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use zerex GO5 . Although it is now spread up the hill east out of billings. Has carquest universal in it now and i better charge it now that I think about it.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, coolant and oil has taken a major jump here lately.... I needed a jug of coolant, and the lowest price, full strength stuff I found was the auto zone brand universal for ~13 a gallon..... the stuff with a name on it was almost $20.... Oil has done the same thing, the Motorcraft 5 qt jug I use has gone from $11 to 20..... at that price, I am looking at the full synthetic sitting right next to it for 23.......

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then I hate threads that don't have a conclusion so I'm putting a bow on this thread for those searching for information on this in the future.

I've been plugging in the truck like I said when the temp was gonna get below 32 which luckily doesn't happen much but I still knew I had to do something about this coolant situation and I knew 24 bucks/gallon was not gonna happen!

Anyway I went to NAPA today and lo and behold they had Zerex GO5 or whatever it is ....the green stuff!! ;Sweet:eek: So I'm thinking "Whoa that's awesome it'll be cheap!! Hey Mr. Man behind the counter; how much is this? $14! Whoa really??!!" Not that that is crazy expensive but it's more than I was thinking it was gonna be! So he basically reiterated what was said here that it recently took a price jump. So I then asked "well how much is the fleet charge?" which like I said was in there before the hose blowout......wait for it.....wait for it........he scans it and it's...............$12! LOL What the hell?! It's like the far side or something! So the precharged coolant with additives already in it is not only less expensive than the green stuff but it's also HALF price of what it was at O'reilly's! cookoo
So needless to say I have 4 gallons of Fleet Charge coolant and I'll get 4 gallons on distilled water and oh yeah I got the 4069 shorty (no additives) filter and everything should be good to go. :thumbsup:

So there you have it - a conclusion to the coolant saga; thanks to all with your comments and suggestions.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
So it's still leaking then...LOL

Alright I gotta go back to my original question. I stopped into O'reilly's to see about their coolant and to see if I could get the filter there too. By the way O'reilly's can cross reference NAPA and they use the same number but put a 2 in front of it. So Yes you can get the NAPA filter at O'reilly's.

Anyway the price for a gallon of coolant.......$23 and change!! :eek: Man I forgot how proud they are of that stuff. So is there a cheaper coolant that I can buy and put in and since I have a coolant filter I can just buy the precharged filter and go that route which I'm thinking has to be cheaper. I think I read somewhere about the Zerex stuff from Wal-Mart (sorry Mel). Anyway what say ya'll??

Thanks again!

Eric, how are You, good to see You here.
Maybe You already got this but FYI I bought a case of FleetRite 100% coolant for $13.99 each at IH and got My fleetguard coolant filters for $9.89 each at filterbarn.com.

Regards, EZ.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
So it's still leaking then...LOL

Alright I gotta go back to my original question. I stopped into O'reilly's to see about their coolant and to see if I could get the filter there too. By the way O'reilly's can cross reference NAPA and they use the same number but put a 2 in front of it. So Yes you can get the NAPA filter at O'reilly's.

Anyway the price for a gallon of coolant.......$23 and change!! :eek: Man I forgot how proud they are of that stuff. So is there a cheaper coolant that I can buy and put in and since I have a coolant filter I can just buy the precharged filter and go that route which I'm thinking has to be cheaper. I think I read somewhere about the Zerex stuff from Wal-Mart (sorry Mel). Anyway what say ya'll??

Thanks again!

Eric, how are You, good to see You here.
Maybe You already got this but FYI I bought a case of FleetRite 100% coolant for $13.99 each at IH and got My fleetguard coolant filters for $9.89 each at filterbarn.com.

Regards, EZ.