IP NO GO

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to turn my IP up today, and it was in all the way already. I backed it off then tried to turn it in but it still stopped at the same spot. My truck will hardly reach 950 on egts but runs ok. I was just looking for a little more. Is this a sign that my IP is on its last leg?? I actually bought another IP off of ebay which is a member in here but didn't want to use it till mine was shot. But it looks like its already heading that way. What do you guys think??

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,the timing could be way off too.Is the pump original or replacement?If it doesn't have the screw on the top rear(usually covered by a plastic cap if it ain't been tampered with) then it was replaced and could have never been Timed.The marks mean squat unless the pump on it is brand new and the original pump.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its original pump, truck has 83,000 mile on it. Timing marks are lined up and I doubt it has ever been retimed. I turned the external screw out too but it didn't make much of a difference. Just a little smoke at low speed when giving it throttle. Anybody close to newark ohio that can time this for me.

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its original pump, truck has 83,000 mile on it. Timing marks are lined up and I doubt it has ever been retimed. I turned the external screw out too but it didn't make much of a difference. Just a little smoke at low speed when giving it throttle. Anybody close to newark ohio that can time this for me.

Hey Forcefed if you find someone close let me know I livein northeast columbus and need to get mine timed too.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know if I find anyone. How hard is it to learn to time it yourself. I have a nice timing light just need the adapter that hooks up to the light?????.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could aways wait until the IDI Weekend and come to Indiana. I already did Delvaras once before. What's up with that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle