ip goin...how long?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Question:

I'm detecting what I think is a very - almost imperceptible - loss of power when the engine is hot. The way I know I'm not crazy is that if I make a short stop and let the engine coolant temp drop - say 30 degrees or so - and I take off it would seem that I have more power. This is on #2.

Could this be the first signs of my IP giving up the ghost? I was planning on replacing it and the lift pump in any case.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RockinB

Reaction score
Update: install went fairly straightforward. My biggest challenge was on the 2 bottom 9/16 nuts holding the ip. Next time I do this I'll modify a box end wrench, preferably offset, by grinding it to half it's depth. The only other difficulty was removing the assembly, just wasn't much clearance.
Much thanks to everyone, especially Mel for the write up.

FWIW, the reman that I took out was by International Fuel Systems.

Bill

suv7734

Reaction score
DAAAMNNNN $78 smakers :eek:
Guess I'll be taking the torch to a Craftsman wrench ;Sweet

Here's an alternative although it's not necessarily the best quality...
Just take a hacksaw and carefully cut an opening large enough for the injector line to slip through and you'll end up with a bend flare nut wrench for the lines (5/8"). This set also has one that should get the ugly mounting nuts (9/16"). They may be a bit thick on the outside but a grinder will take care of that.
Alternatively I use some old wrenches that I got from my great-uncle who was in the body shop biz. They are the ones bent to undo fenders and door hinges etc.
Just a thought.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an alternative although it's not necessarily the best quality...
Just take a hacksaw and carefully cut an opening large enough for the injector line to slip through and you'll end up with a bend flare nut wrench for the lines (5/8"). This set also has one that should get the ugly mounting nuts (9/16"). They may be a bit thick on the outside but a grinder will take care of that...

Thanks, I've got a Harbor Freight right down the street!;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I've gotten lucky with taking a el cheapo box wrench and giving it some heat, tweak to desired angle and tada!;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726