IP differences

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The torque curve is different, the torque come in at a lower rpm. The governor is also set lower on the IH (School bus/dump trucks) at ~2600 RPM. The Ford spec pump the governor is set at ~3800 RPM..... other that that, they are the same pump.........
Also, if you have an Automatic Transmission (VRV-C6, FIPL-E4OD) will have a sensor to run the transmission. A manual transmission does not need this, and if the bus has an Allison, I am not sure if it has some type of throttle position sensor on the IP.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
^^^^^ What he said is most of the internal differances. Mel may know some other internal differances.:sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Can an injection pump for an automatic transmission be used to replace one on an engine with a manual transmission? The pump in my '93 F250 just started oozing below the cover and out the weep hole. I want to swap it out with one of those Uhaul ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yes it will bolt up just the same. The only real differances are the auto trans injection pumps have a vacuum switch for the C6 or an electrical switch for the E4OD trans thats bolted to the drivers side of the pumps. Sometimes you need to drive out a small roll pin in the throttle shaft to make this arrangement. But thats a simple thing to do. All idi stanadyne db2 injection pumps bolt up to any idi engine. Just make sure you have an idi pump because the chevy 6.2 and 6.5 diesels use the same pump but it rotates opposite direction from ours.

crab bucket

Crab Bucket
Reaction score
The only real differances are the auto trans injection pumps have a vacuum switch for the C6 or an electrical switch for the E4OD trans thats bolted to the drivers side of the pumps. Sometimes you need to drive out a small roll pin in the throttle shaft to make this arrangement. But thats a simple thing to do. All idi stanadyne db2 injection pumps bolt up to any idi engine.

Thanks, that is a relief. I didn't want my mechanic to give me the stink eye when I brought him the pump to put in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online