IP Advice

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well l about 18 months ago I was so excited to take my first WMO trip, 350 round trip no problems however after the trip I went to the lot parked the truck disconnected the batteries. About a month later I started the truck and ran about 20 miles once again running back to the lot and disconnecting batteries. the truck sat for about a year I went connected everything and it would not stay running I would crank and crank. I started using starting fluid it would kind of run but it was not right , I was told that the WMO had likely settled in the IP. what do I do? I was told to fill a new filter with AFT and cycle it through and all would be good. Im looking for advice on what is next?

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The atf may loosen up the pump if in fact its gummed up with wmo. What you do is fill the fuel filter with atf thru the outside ring on small holes. Not the big inside hole. Using the smal holes allows the filter to do its job. Run the engine for about 1 or 2 minutes at most. Shut down and let sit overnite. Then start and run it like you stole it. Might smoke some but it will blow out the crap. Make sure you run on clean diesel and not wmo during this run hard.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then idle 5 minutes or so on clean diesel before you turn off, if the pump is shot pm me i got a spare id let go cheap

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect, thanks guys I will start this project this weekend and keep the board updated.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is another reason mel had to do the wmo warning I bet!
Also warming the goo can help the cleaners do the job.
Read do it on a hot eng!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do an advanced search here at OB

search for TECH 101 choose thread titles, and in the other location place my username

Scroll down the list for the TECH 101 diesel purge, follow along on that, then you will have done the best job you can to clean your IP and your injectors...

JM2CW

Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online