Interval wipers where there were none.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Driver no got them, parts truck do got.
Is it pretty much a bolt up thing? swap the motors, and switches, and pull a couple extra wires?
Is there anything else I need to know about?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver no got them, parts truck do got.
Is it pretty much a bolt up thing? swap the motors, and switches, and pull a couple extra wires?
Is there anything else I need to know about?
It's actually easier than you could imagine.
remove the switch, follow the ground wire and unbolt, follow the wires to the black box and unbolt, undo plug from the harness.
To install do the opposite from the removal procedure. the wiper motor does carry a different part number but I have never seen any reason why the swap was needed to be done. But if you already have it, pull it and swap it in if you feel the need to do so.

sassyrel

Reaction score
easier than that--just a harness--the other switch---and a module behind the cluster--youll see it when you get in there-------:D :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, that black box/module is what I had to remove and re-solder in the F-250, right?
the only time you will need to resolder is when the wipers are no worky. The installation is plug-n-play. there is no need to ground the black box, so my suggestion is to zip tie the darn thing to the main harness loom that way it has cushioning from shock from the e-brake pedal snap

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Depending on the year, the mounting bracket should be there, too.

Dang it Towcat, you gotta stop it with your avatar!

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me over a year to figure out that my wipers were the interval type.
On my truck, you rotate the switch clockwise to get continuous wipers, counter-clockwise to get interval wipers. :rtfm Duh!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me over a year to figure out that my wipers were the interval type.
On my truck, you rotate the switch clockwise to get continuous wipers, counter-clockwise to get interval wipers. :rtfm Duh!
If that ain't proof that a old dog can be taught new tricks.....I don't know what is....:D

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The box that was in the 80-86 trucks was wrapped in foam and isn't tied to anything, just sort of sits in the dash on top of the wiring harness...
As for being grounded, I've found that some will work without the switch ground hooked up, and some won't, so I just hook it up.

As for this e-brake pedal snap, what's that? Last I checked my truck didn't have one of those.... LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin