Interest in a west coast IDI event?

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
Aug 5-7th at hungry valley in gorman? we can all carpool up the grapevine ;Sweet
then stop by fraizer park and hit the flying j for some diesel!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
Aug 5-7th at hungry valley in gorman? we can all carpool up the grapevine ;Sweet
then stop by fraizer park and hit the flying j for some diesel!
As mentioned before, I can do it, but I won't be there until the evening of the 6th...never been to Hungry Valley, though (driven by it countless times, though), so I would need to know where to meet people...

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
i know that place like the back of my hand and could give very detailed instructions...and even have the fire going when you get there ;Sweet we just need a little bigger roster :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works for me!

It sounds like both Brian and Scotty are going to be busy enough that they won't have time to coordinate everything...which, given their line of work, is perfectly understandable (thank you both again for serving our country! :hail )...so, I'm thinking that, unless someone else steps up and says something, this is going to be it.

So, who's in?

Also, I don't know what other peoples' schedules are like, but this is vacation time for me...so, I have no problem whatsoever with sticking around through Monday...although I still have to find a soft surface to sleep on... :Q

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I come out of the field on the 3rd, so I should be able to make a showing. I'll probably make a day trip of it rather than spend the night since I don't have time to get my stuff together. Right now we're on a two out, one night in schedule so I'm able to track this thread. I'm going back out this morning - man it's hot out there!

More later, Brian

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian, gotta love the high desert, eh? :D

If you're going to make a day trip out of it, I would suggest coming out on Sunday the 7th. At the rate responses are coming in (hint hint to all the lurkers on this thread ;)), it sounds like Nick's going to be alone on Friday and during the day Saturday. I don't know when my buddy gets off of work, but I doubt I'd be there before 2200 Saturday night...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btt one more time

If this is going to happen, it's this weekend...and, to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if it's going to happen or not, with how quiet this thread's gotten.

So, who all is interested and think they can make it? If we're going to do this, now is the time to figure everything out. I can help coordinate from up here (at least when I'm not getting the truck ready to go :rolleyes: ) until Saturday afternoon, then I'm on the road...and am either going to Hungry Valley or straight to my dad's, depending on what's going on.

Well, here we have it...unfortunately, I don't think there's much more I can do from up here... :(

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be flying low Saturday....provided that I survive "disneyhell".....going to have a load of non diesel interested passengers so the best I can do is a quick meal stop.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
it just wasnt meant to be. :cry: ..my baby is down with a broken pelvis (or transfer case) and i still have to get ready for my move next weekend :eek: looks like the :fan:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am kinda down too, since I am having coolant problems, climbing the big hills is not the smartest thing I could think to do at the time. Just not a good time. It will happen eventually, damn MC, always getting in the way of my plans. Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy oh boy! See what being too laid back does? At least Towcat has a rally shirt. :rolleyes:

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably not the best time for me either. We have another Brigade coming to the NTC on monday so it'll be another two weeks in the desert for me. ...anyway, it's just too hot right now. Maybe later this year...

Brian

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That works for me...I'm planning to go to the truck pull in Palmdale late in September (although with the way fuel's skyrocketing, I'm not certain I'll have the truck with me); don't know if anyone else was going to go or not. Maybe we could combine things? I posted a thread with details on the pull in the Events forum...

Actualy, it's just as well that this weekend's out...with how things are going on my truck, I'm not sure she'll be ready to go on time (although things are going slowly but surely)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online