Interest in a west coast IDI event?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Oh, I just went to google and typed in CSU hotties. Its the first thing that came up.

Seriously though, to get this thread back on track. I would be interested in future W.C.IDI events. But cant I make it this year.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I took the WRONG career path..... I totally missed out on the whole college experience, oh well, I have been a Thailand and Australia and just about every other liberty port in the Pacific.. Scotty

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
ya next year me and rob might come down and visit you low-landers ;Sweet

now back off track :D scotty and all my IDI brothers are always welcome in my dorm room! :rotflmao just give me 24 hr. notice

and we can party with all the CSU (as rob so elegantly put it) tail!

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you will have DEEP connections by this time next year. I have always looked for an excuse to get out to Colorado, good elk-deer too. Still just fun to go out and party. Hopefully your truck takes good care of you while you are in school and if you have any problems, you got Rob to help you out in pinch. I am sure your ol rig will be just fine, get some good tires and have fun with all the snow and trails out there. Scotty

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
aren't bfg a/t's considered the best in the white stuff? thats what every colorado truck i see has on them ;Sweet ok we really need to get back on topic :backoff haha

if we go to big bear the first weekend in august im down

or hungry valley :draw

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I call dibs on Nick's truck after he abandons it in a field and runs off with some broad that drives a Honda in about February. :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
if we go to big bear the first weekend in august im down

or hungry valley :draw
I talked to the friend that's coming down with me. While there's no way we could leave before the afternoon of Saturday the 6th (he gets off of work at 1500), we could run down there that afternoon, find a place to sleep that night, and hang around on Sunday and head the rest of the way to my dad's that evening.

So, the first weekend of August would work for me...or, at least Sunday. :) If we go that route, the more northern the location, the better...if the two suggestions mentioned become the two choices available, I would pick Hungry Valley over Big Bear (it's more "on the way" to my dad's, since I can just hop on the 138 over to the 14). Strictly speaking personally, I would still prefer the second weekend, but if the first weekend works better for everyone else, it looks to be feasible for me.

We only have a month...IMHO, now's the time to start finalizing things... ;Poke I know that my northern location doesn't help all that much :) but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I guess coming North enough to get to Vancouver Island, Canada is out of the question eh? Got to make it in Washington or something like that, close enough for my poor thing to make it.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wwwabbit said:
I guess coming North enough to get to Vancouver Island, Canada is out of the question eh? Got to make it in Washington or something like that, close enough for my poor thing to make it.
Actually did that a couple of years ago. I can't remember which year was which, but the first two years a West Coast event was tried were held in BC and in northern Washington. Unfortunately, $$ kept me from going to either of those...couldn't dream of affording the fuel, let alone a place to stay (no air mattress, and my bad back won't let me simply sleep in the bed of the truck)...

Last year would have worked, except that I was neck-deep in the engine of my truck, and all my $$ was going into that project.

This is why I'm so excited about this year...it'll be the first one I can actually make!! (I hope)

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from three weeks in Thailand. I see this thread has somehow stayed alive - it died over on TDS. I've returned to find that my position has changed and I'll be a lot more busy than before. Unfortunately that mean there's no way I'm going to be able to act as the primary planner for a CA IDI event. I'll talk to Scotty to see what he's got going on. We might need someone to step in and save this if it's going to happen this year - Sorry.

Just to let you all know, all small trucks in Thailand are available with 3.0 turbo diesels - that includes Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado. Go figure...

Brian

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from some training in DC and my schedule is getting pretty busy with a Iraq deployment in the February timeframe. Brian, give me a holler once you get a chance. Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scotty, just curious if you think Iraq is any safer now than it was the first time you were over there? Planning another Iraq IDI meet?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea as far as safety. Seems like everytime I am there it changes. When I first got there last time, we were getting hammered all the time, and by the time I left, it had let up alot. Hard to tell, until you are actually on the ground to get the actual "ground truth". I would gladly meet up with anyone while I am over there. Being we are somewhere close together. Scotty

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scotty

I'm in the field starting tomorrow through the 29th. I'll be OC'ing one the the 4ID BCTs. I'm out two and in one so I'll give you a call during one of my in days.

We had a group just get back from a fact finding mission in Iraq. Looks like indirect fire attacks are down against our FOBs. IEDs are still a big threat. For the most part, the Iraqi police and army are taking the biggest hits. ...still a dangerous place.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online