Installing Stolen Parts

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Well, some of those parts I scarfed from Bobby Blankenship are on. Rear Anti-sway bar fit perfect, rear door fit perfect. But, I had to buy a bracket and a link for the front anti-sway bar which cost me more than I paid for the bar. But that's ok, it should hug those curves when she's done. Gotta wait 'til Monday for the bracket. More later, OkieG

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Well, it's a Dana 60 solid axle and there is a sway bar bracket on the drivers side welded to the axle and it looks like there was a swar bar on there before. But I haven't seen how the link is going to bolt to the frame. So I might hafta drill holes. I'll let ya know Monday after I get the new u-bolt bracket and get the bar installed. I had a "Big O" when I saw that front bar laying there. I was just recovering from the snag of the rear bar. I didn't know I could still have two in a matter of minutes at my age:D . OkieG

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in you bar hopping thief, or is it bar thieving hopper???? Just kidding, I haul an 11 foot camper and the rear bar made a huge difference, cant wait to get a front one. I probably have pics of how it goes on in the 89 service manual if you need.
Russ

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
O.G.,

I have a D60 out of an 89 350 that I am taking apart, cleaning up, and refitting. It has the panhard rod and bracket, but no sway bar. I think that it does have the bracket for one welded on.

I would be interested in what one looks like and where it mounts.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online