Installing New Return Line Kit On Factory Turbo

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a fuel line return kit about a year ago off a member here. Well of coarse i decide to install it now in the beginning of winter at below freezing weather. Anyways the T caps that are currently on my return lines are no longer available. Can i just purchase a brass T fitting and put it in between the last two injectors on both sides (not sure what the cylinder numbers are). Thanks for the help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It works fine. I just did this on my rig because I never had the return line off the filter connected. I installed a plastic tee in between the cylinders 1 & 3. Each cylinder has a number cast into the intake manifold near the heads. It between the 2 manifold bolts. The cylinder under the fuel filter on a 7.3 is 1-3-5-7 and on the drivers side its 2-4-6-8.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the brass tee is the accepted method. I have some ordered so i can supply them for the turbo app.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ill stop off at my auto parts store after work and pick a couple up. Should of brought a piece of line with me for sizing. Is it 5/16 line ? Or 1/4"

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can't tell you what size line you have but I recall the sizes were 3/16 or 1/4 inch. Russ or Mell know this because they work with it every day. I recall Russ once telling us its actually something metric like 8mm but thats not for sure either.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can put the crossover line anyplace between heads, if you got the correct return kit for the 93 it should be 1/4", any hardware store has the brass or copper tees. I've got several hundred LOL.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the fuel can get back to the tank, it does not matter how you route it.