Injector questions

mbsieg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done installing my uhaul injector pump this evening. New BB delphi injectors and a return line kit from local store. I have 2 injectors leaking out the return caps new orings new injectors caps are seated. Do the orings that come with the injectors work correctly with the return kit? Or should I have used the ones with the return kit? Otherwise runs good. Gov is 3200rpm. Now to the next project TURBO!!!!!!

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best O-rings are Viton #111. They stand up to the ULSD fuel better but the ones in the kit or on the injectors should work and seal. You may need to pop those caps off and replace the O-rings and try seating the caps again. I use a deep well socket that fits over the injector and a rubber hammer to gently tamp down the caps. Make sure you use Vaseline on the O-rings and inner side of the caps so the O-rings don't stick and get torn during assembly. Be careful not to disturb the other caps when removing the problematic ones. Check that the return hoses are not leaking as well.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Also deburr your new caps, a little sandpaper on your finger and rub around the inside of the cap. If there is a burr there from the moulding process, it can cut your o-ring everytime.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I use an exacto knife to clean off the flashing thats usually found on the bottom edge of the caps. Typ4 return like kits or nothing for me... Been burned twice buying crap from others on ebay. Lessons cost you money so listen to those here that have paid the price of learning....:D

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just replaced all 8 injectors now that i am back from iraq. it runs better then befor and a few of the caps were leaking at first turnes out they didnt get seated all the way cause there good now. i used the o-rings that came on the injectors.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i just replaced all 8 injectors now that i am back from iraq. it runs better then befor and a few of the caps were leaking at first turnes out they didnt get seated all the way cause there good now. i used the o-rings that came on the injectors.

Thanks for what you did over there and for serving. Glad your home now. Hearing that second click when they are properly seated is very important. I felt I didn't have some seated properly so I used a deep socket and my hand as a hammer... Remember these are simple plastic... Well I broke a cap and didn't know it. The top actalyy came off the body. It leaked the same amount too. Finally figured out the o-rings were a bad set I got from ebay.. Two return line kits later from russ typ4 and all is good now. I will only buy from russ because he can be trusted to stand behind what he sells... Just like Mel and the Moose products...