injector question

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
do you mean without replacing ip, yes you can do just injectors or injectors and ip or just ip although I wouldn't do just ip without having the injectors checked out for spray and pressure

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Some have said that if you put in a set of injectors with a higher opening pressure then what was in there; it could lead to an earlier dimise of a pump that may be on its way out. I have had this happen..... But who is to say how long the pump would have lasted otherwise??? Its hard to say. But I guess it does make sense that the added stress can push a worn out pump over the edge....

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Also do injectors have a " a shelve live"? Will it hurt they to to seat in there boxes for awhile

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Worn out is worn out. I suppose you could blame a new V belt for wearing out a pump seal or a pump bearing too. If its close to being done well thats fine. No blame. Just another item to have fun with. It is sound advice to check the timing because the higher pop pressures will cause the ignition to be different. Many factors are involved when a set of injecters are changed without changing the injection pump. No matter what. Its sure nice to know what the timing is. No sense leaving any hp or fuel mileage on the table.