Injector pump mods

TurboSurge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense then. 300 flywheel HP is a good target and should still be extremely reliable. Since I'm not going trying to out do any of the diesel ricers that are everywhere these days, I think the BB's will be fine for me. I was thinking that Turbo Surge was wanting to get the maximum that he could out of his engine and that's why I suggested the higher flowing injectors.

Haha those little ricers. I really hate the ones that look like they have been stepped on with that camber. I don’t know why they think that looks good. But yea I am wanting to get the maximum hp. 500 hp is what I want from my IDIT. (I’m applying some of this info for my current diesel swap and some to my engine build.)

Anyways, I really do appreciate y’all. I’ve been scoping OB out for a few years so y’all are basically famous to me.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was talking about the diesel ricers. The ones that have to do "tuner" things to their more modern diesel trucks.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 5.9 and 7.3 comparison is real tough because they are sooo different. The 7.3 has much much better cylinder heads as far as flow, but the 5.9 has direct injection and all the advantages of an inline engine. I think you would be better off looking at what turbos the 7.3 psd guys are using at the power range you want, the powerstroke is a much better comparison.