Injector pump & Injectors ?

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my truck is out for the count, I just found out that the bolt with the nut on it on the back of my IP has stripped out and won't stay in the pump (2 year old pump). So it leaks fuel like mad. So I need to get a new injector pump. I figured I mit as well get injectors while I was at it.

Where's a good place to get the IP, and Injectors. Ken's? Will getting the stage1 Injectors help my N/A truck? Also will the turbo pump help any? Or shoud i jsut stick with the stock pump & injectors?

Is there any other places to get this stuff????

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
well i wont say one way or the other about ken, theres another thread at the moment doin more than enough talkin about him. its late and im tired so cant think too much, but theres no way to helicoil that stripped screw? which screw is it exactly?

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EvergreenRanch said:
but theres no way to helicoil that stripped screw? which screw is it exactly?

I have no idea what that is?

The screw/bolt is right above where the Injector lines go out of the pump.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I bought a pump and set of injectors from Diesel care and performance a while back, work great and very affordable http://www.dieselcare.net/FUEL.html
check ebay for their listings, they sometimes sell them on there for even less.

----------Robert

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I talked to the shop that did my pump a couple years ago. THey said to use Loctite Form-A-Thread. They said they use it all the semi's they repair, and haven't had a problem. I'll pick some up later today, and give it a try.

Anyone else use this stuff?

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very very careful using loctite on the IJ pump. Just put a VERY small amount on the threads of the bolt and then thread it in to the pump.

Jim

Black dawg

Reaction score
the bolt you are talking about, sounds like the guide stud for the min/max gov assy. If you are going to take it out, you need to pull the lid off the pump. there is also a spring in the min/max assy at the end of the stud. also make sure the bolt goes back in to as close to the same depth as possible, or it will affect idle speed. make sure you read how to put the lid back on to prevent runaway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online