Injector Ports

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I'm researching a solution to this right now and I should have something posted soon. I assume you are running a 1-tank system and/or starting on WMO. The simple answer is you are beginning to form coke on your injectors because oil will not completely combust when the engine is cold. I would pull them and clean them. Then I would work on a 2-tank system and start and stop on diesel. Just my opinion... Or you could drop your pile 'o' problems on someone else and get a FORD!:rock: (had to do it)

My solution to clean the engine is to run it hard up some hills for a tank with d2 and an ass-load of diesel kleen. Take it out of OD and run the rpm up and bet some boost goin....then give it a proper cool down time when you shut it down.

Last edited:

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above post helps with my POS Mercedes. I run two tanks of heavy oil and half a tank of diesel so far it's working out ok.

sporanox

Reaction score
Coke

I'm researching a solution to this right now and I should have something posted soon. I assume you are running a 1-tank system and/or starting on WMO. The simple answer is you are beginning to form coke on your injectors because oil will not completely combust when the engine is cold. I would pull them and clean them. Then I would work on a 2-tank system and start and stop on diesel. Just my opinion... Or you could drop your pile 'o' problems on someone else and get a FORD!:rock: (had to do it)

My solution to clean the engine is to run it hard up some hills for a tank with d2 and an ass-load of diesel kleen. Take it out of OD and run the rpm up and bet some boost goin....then give it a proper cool down time when you shut it down.

Coke already. I just ran 1 tank in the truck. I will get some diesel kleen

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sporanox, the little blue cedes will coke up in a days time on the mail route, the little red cedes doesn't do it. They are the exact same car down to the month of manufacture. Wifeys car idles rough on oil but runs great, my car idles smoother on oil and runs like **** unless it's under fair amount of boost. I'm assuming injector wear is little blues problem. It's gonna get a fresher set in a few weeks, I keep saying soon but soon keeps getting pushed back.

sporanox

Reaction score
WOW, reman injectors are $60 each - times 8 is a lot of money.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I think a common problem with WMO burners is that they just start burning it in their trucks. If there are any hiding or minor fuel issues with your vehicle, WMO will make them more evident or they will show up all of a sudden. Chances are, your injectors were already on their way out. If your Chevy is anything like the fords, new injectors will be cheaper than remans. Also, if you do get new injectors, find a way to rent a timing meter and time your injection pump a degree or two advanced. It's worth every moment of the trouble.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FNG nailed it here, Almost all of us started dumping it into cheap throw away vehicles that are WAY past their prime, or at least I do. It showed me I had bad injectors in little blue that I didn't know I had.

And check this out, I got a dead cylinder on my truck I didn't know I had til I noticed the oil on that manifold was not burnt off. It's not fully dead, but the exhaust from that cylinder will not burn the oil off the manifold. Switched over to diesel and it started to smoke a little while later.