Injector interchangeability ?

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ahve been shopping for a set of injectors for my 1994 F250 7.3 IDI . I was told by one vendor that any of the BB, B, D and E code injectors whould work fine as long as the same type was out in as set . Is this correct ? What should I use for the model of my vehicle ? - Thanks

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm no expert on that one but I think any of them would be fine as long as it is a set but I think that for a turbo the G code injectors are best (?).

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The "G" code is correct for the turbo idi but... Just because it is listed as a 94 idi it may or maynot be a turbo. The original post has not given enough info yet to say what is the best injector. Really any will work but what needs to be said is whether it is or isn't turboed. Then is it really a turbo motor with the big rods or a rebuilt upgrade running a turbo....

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine is a 7.3 IDI non-turbo .

\
icanfixall said:
The "G" code is correct for the turbo idi but... Just because it is listed as a 94 idi it may or maynot be a turbo. The original post has not given enough info yet to say what is the best injector. Really any will work but what needs to be said is whether it is or isn't turboed. Then is it really a turbo motor with the big rods or a rebuilt upgrade running a turbo....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G code injectors were developed for "emissions" reasons, and are part of the de-tuning package that gave the turbo IDI it's impressive extra 5 horsepower. I'd stay clear of them.

Black dawg

Reaction score
has anybody CC,d the g injectors or any of them for that matter, to prove if they flow less

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vehicle is a 1994 F250 with a 7.3 IDI that specs code E injectors . It is my understanding from info elsewhere that the code E injectors 1992.5-1994 models have a slightly higher pop pressure . What will happen if use the earlier model spec injectors ( a new set of Delphi - 6760301 ) in my vehicle ? I was told by the parts distributor that at this point the were considered the universal replacement injector for the normally aspirated IDI and the only way to get code E was to buy rebuilts . Is this correct ? - Thanks

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turbo injectors have a higher pop pressure, any of them will only flow what the pump puts out. I had my d codes set to turbo pressure to lessen idle smoke.
I do have a turbo. Hew injectors will usually help anything run smoother if the pump is ok. My pump guy recommended the latest code for replacement.