injector code locations

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at a deal ($200 for the inj new in box and GP's) on a set of injectors and GP from a local guy. over the phone hes telling me he dosent see a code on these new Standyne units, only a D on the top where the big socket head is that you unscrew them. Any idea if a D code will work with a turbo? I know the G code is best. but I think most new units that are sold are BB codes. Are G odes even available or was that a Ford specific cal that isnt avaialble???

thx

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The D he is reading on the injector is the correct place and code. The code is stamped on the flat surface of the hex portion of the injector.

BB are easily available through Russ or Mel, and that's why most are using them. The G codes are not really considered the "best" injector as they are an emission injector that came with the factory turbo IDI's. Those emission injectors and the very restrictive factory downpipe are believed to be the main reason the Factory Turbo IDI only made 5 more HP than the N/A IDI.

There have been several different codes for these IDI's, not much difference between them except for the G's as mentioned above.

Here are all the IDI injector codes that I know of:

A
AA
B
BB
C
D
E
G

Heath

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
BB code injectors are what you want... The G codes are more of an immissions type injector... They are not as good as the BB. Yes... The hex nut is where the code is stamped. Sounds like a good price for the lot if the glow plugs are Motorcraft Beru plugs... Anything else for plugs is not a good idea... Do Not install autolites or champion glow plugs. They will burn out quickly. Then they swell and you need to pull the heads to remove them... Its happened to plenty of members....

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB code injectors are what you want... The G codes are more of an immissions type injector... They are not as good as the BB. Yes... The hex nut is where the code is stamped. Sounds like a good price for the lot if the glow plugs are Motorcraft Beru plugs... Anything else for plugs is not a good idea... Do Not install autolites or champion glow plugs. They will burn out quickly. Then they swell and you need to pull the heads to remove them... Its happened to plenty of members....

not really after the GP... prolly put them up on ebay. I have heard the stores, and yes on Mootorcraft zd9 for me :thumbsup: The guy swears the new D codes stil in the box, he has a powerstroke and bought them by mistake.