Injector cap O-ring size

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I managed to spring a leak from one of my return line caps while running around the desert at high speeds yesterday... I smelled the fuel today when I was getting out of the truck at work, and found the #8 injector wet. The cap appears to be fine, so I'd like to try orings first if I can get away with it. Anyone have the size or an o-ring number?

Can I use viton o-rings, or do I need something specifically fuel rated?

Ryan

suv7734

Reaction score
The industry standard number is #111. Then you just pick the material.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 1000 vitons on hand.:D:D hint hint, if you have to order , might as well buy mine, hint, hint.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tractor supply has them hanging in their hydraulic section in a little plastic bag. I believe they were about $3 for 8 of them. They are the Buna-N material.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Just buy a kit from russ. Youll get 32 orings, enough fuel line to do all the injectors, a bunch of hose clamps, the plastic injector caps, and copper washers. If your caps were IH grey like mine were, you will brake them trying to pop them off.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ is the man for this. He also gives plenty of free advice too. A true oilburners Boob man... Just like Mel... These two members will never do you wrong. Its just not in their nature... They should be in the Hall of Fame of Oilburners.... Which we don't have a hall of fame... Anybody want to add one for the greats of this forum.... I'm on board with it. Show your appreation for those that go out of their way to help others...... What say you all.....

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Russ is the man for this. He also gives plenty of free advice too. A true oilburners Boob man... Just like Mel... These two members will never do you wrong. Its just not in their nature... They should be in the Hall of Fame of Oilburners.... Which we don't have a hall of fame... Anybody want to add one for the greats of this forum.... I'm on board with it. Show your appreation for those that go out of their way to help others...... What say you all.....

I second the motion...

lets see a show of hands please...

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Will the secretary verify the count...

;Sweet

The motion carries.

Mr President, Mr Vice President, Madam Chairwoman, Exalted Grand Poohbah, Junior Grand Poohbahs, and all members of the Secret Council of IDI...

You got work to do.......

now,

git r dun!:backoff

Knight_3000

Reaction score
Just buy a kit from russ. Youll get 32 orings, enough fuel line to do all the injectors, a bunch of hose clamps, the plastic injector caps, and copper washers. If your caps were IH grey like mine were, you will brake them trying to pop them off.

Who is Russ, I want this kit. What does he typically charge for it??