injection pump question

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
HI, I just received my rebuilt db2-5070 pump that previous owner never installed, and when my wife opened it up the ear that controls the high idle, and the kickdown on the c-6 transmission is broke off. You could tell the post office beat the box up good, but wife opened it up and didn't notice at first. Is the linkage replaceable without tearing down pump? If so , who, or how would I source this part? I am in process of sidewinder upgrade and new injectors and pump. This really bums me out, as I have been super **** to get this perfect. Would love to get it correct if I can. Thanks, Steve

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that stinks, your entire throttle linkage needs to be replaced, you are going to have to get into the pump a bit to get yours out. I don't know how comfortable you are with doing that, maybe give Mel a call at Conestoga diesel.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably just... tack-weld it back on? 10 seconds with a mig welder would do it; no disassembly needed.

Otherwise, yeah... it's replacable, but you have to take the top 1/4 of the pump apart to do so.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd probably just... tack-weld it back on? 10 seconds with a mig welder would do it; no disassembly needed.

Otherwise, yeah... it's replacable, but you have to take the top 1/4 of the pump apart to do so.
I like the way u think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online