Injectables?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife cousin had a c10 gasser/propane set up worked good but the cousins was a 16 yr old didn't know how to use propane set up n blew motor with no fluids long story short lesson learned he worked a full summer on family farm to pay for used truck n parts.
How in the world did he do that?
My dad's converted Chevy didn't require any special treatment when running propane; it had a mixer and vaporizer and worked basically like the carb it replaced.
It also worked great as long as there was enough heat after startup to keep the vaporizer from freezing. In the snow, that was a problem if I recall.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was honestly thinking of running a combination of a couple. I am already intercooled, so that isnt an issue,
but I have a propane injection kit that has a 15 gal tank(or whatever one of the forklift tanks is)
And I also have a 21 gal tank for my water ****. Maybe do a decent sized nozzle for the wm and just use it for short bursts? And plan on a small stream of lpg for fuel efficency? I am just pondering things. My truck gets parked in the winter because it is scared of road salt. It is rust free, heck factory primer and overspray are still on the underside of the bed and I want to keep it that way. So in the times of it being parked my mind mulls things over. Just one of the many thoughts.

Anyway. I have many times heard that propane helps fuel eco, power, and egts, but it must be used sparingly, and by someone who understands the consequences. I am not looking to blow up my motor, but why not go for more power, fuel eco, and lower egts? Or going all out and blowing away someone on the highway next to me at "mexico testing facilities". I figured sparingly spraying one or both could yeild great results, but not insane amounts, i mean as is I cant complain with my 17 mpg...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh yeah....
Injectable fuels are better in a computer controlled diesel, as you can run a tune for it, and really see the benefits.
Sure, you'll gain power, but not as much mileage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online