I'm at a loss. maybe you guys will know.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What you mostly are looking for with the pressure from the filter to the injection pump is deterioration or decay of whatever pressure you have to start with. Say if you fire it up and see 4 lbs. Then it decays to zero. Now you know there is either an air leak or a line restriction. Then the engine dies. You then restart it and the filter refills till the injection pump demands more than the filter or the supply pump can push thru the filter. Hope this explains better what it going on. Finding the reason is the next hurdle.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been said already... grap an ATV tire pressure gauge and check the pressure available at the schrader fitting. You need 5ish psi there. When it dies, have wife (or GF:love:) crank'er over while you check pressure. Easy to figure, good pressure at the schrader then frown at IP. Vent at schrader...Got bubbles - you got troubles.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time my truck acted like that, the lines were plugged up with crap from the fuel tank. It would draw debris from the filthy tank...die out and sometimes restart. Other times I had to blow the lines out to get it running.
I couldn't believe the stuff that was in the tanks!