IDI parts

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so how far of a drive was it to my place........still interested in the motor. any trips back this way?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Jred which one, I forget. got them all still.
amazingly I cant sell one for 500, but the local yard sold one for 1200 that ended up needing ip, gp, oil pan and injectors,
drive is about 3hrs, no trips as of yet, but ya never know.

subway

Reaction score
yea i would be interested in the running on, in fact what would you be askin for a bell housing and clutch to try to put it in my jeep hooked up to a scout t-18? not sure it will fit but i want to try, anything else you can think of? wiring would be nice to.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
unfortuanatelty no bell housings left over.
as for wiring, I think I have a complete pick up harness, I know I have the van harness,
as for puttin it in a jeep, someone has told me of some one who has, never seen it hough
as for wiring to run.
12v switched, IP altrnator fields
12v push button for gp relay.
12v push button start
power to the starter.
reworked 1 3 wire int reg alternator.
Nick

subway

Reaction score
how about a clutch? even a used one, i dont need a great high capacity one for my jeep. it wont tow much, and if you have a clutch master cylinder and stuff. i wont need all the harnes i am mostly looking for the glow plug and sensor connectors if i can get them. i think i would like to get the motor, i will be gone this weekend and most of next week so would you be home at all in two weeks?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
no clutch, no fl;ywheels used all the 6.9 ones in my trucks, may have a good used clutch if I decide to swap the one in the 92.
I have a master cyl, should also have a slave
as for the gp and the sensor connectors they are all on the engine side harness.
engine is still in van , needs pulled yet. do ya want to hear it run before being pulled??
got a top secret psd project this weekend, then the following is the dyno.
Nick

subway

Reaction score
well how long do you think it would take to pull the motor? could i hear it run then pull it? just from having a bad experiance several times of engines that ran when pulled. so how does that stuff come with the engine :D i might also be interested in the rear axle of the van to cut down for the Jeep if it is cheep enough. this weekend got packed but i would like to try to pick it up next weekend if possible. if you want PM me your contact info so we can talk again about trucks and how much you want for the whole shabang.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Jred
engine hasnt been run for a while so I definatly want to fire it up before it goes
If ya come down in the am , Im sure we can fire it and then pull it the same day.me and russ did on the last one
cant do this weekend,(17 -18) bu can do the next one, need to know so I can schedule the day off.
Nick

subway

Reaction score
ok i should be good for that weekend, i would like to hear it run that sounds good. i should be fine to come out sunday, saterday i have plans at 4 in selensgrove. how long do you think it will take to pull?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
If I get the box or cab off of it by then , it should only take a few hours.
Ill get started on the extraction.
engine is complete air filter to oil pn with all bolted on accessories, alt, ps, vp. etc. fan,
only missing part is the starter. stole it for the 88 tk then it burned up anyhow. if ya want Ill snag a new one and put it on,(ohterwise I gotta borrow one from my truck)
) Im thinkin they were around $130-140.
we can go through the parts shed and see if there is any thing else ya may want / need
as for the rear , I would rather give up the 355 70 that is in the 84 parts truck.

HEY Russ, watcha dooin, since ya have first hand experiance LOL.
gauranteed it will be easier this time.
Nick

subway

Reaction score
nice did a little reasurch and apperently i can bolt the IDI right to my jeep t-18 with just a modified pilot bushing. i might still switch to a ford one though if i can so if i blow parts they will be easier to find and sell the jeep one to make back some money. so if you know of a bell housing of hand, otherwise sounds good. might take the locker rear iffen you still have it and funding works......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828