IDI or....

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's funny is this guy is sure he wants $2900 for it.... He's just not sure what it is.... Lol.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4853542338.html

If you missed the title of the add read it. Then laugh. I read it, read the add, read the title again and laughed some more. HAHAHA I just read the add again and he says he believes it's an IDI and then mentions the "proper wiring/computer". Moron.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
psd.
this guy is cookoo
ive got 1200 into 2 7.3's an AODE and a zf5/4407

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a powerstroke.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

The sad part is we can tell it's a powerstroke from a crooked, blurry, pic the size of a postage stamp but he can't tell what it is while standing there looking at it. LOL Ahhh... humans...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
We've had people come here that just didn't know any better.
If it was someone running a shop or something, I'd say he's an idiot.
94's don't have the powerstroke fender badge. Only other thing that says powerstroke is the engine cover, which is Mia from the pic.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read the add again and he says he believes it's an IDI and then mentions the "proper wiring/computer". Moron.
Any IDI with an E4OD transmission behind it does indeed have a computer and wiring that is different from that of a stick-shift truck. And in case of the F-Superduty said computer is different from any other found in 1-tons and smaller and thus cannot (or at least should not) be interchanged with other IDI PCMs. Just cause you didn't know that doesn't mean the seller is a moron, even if it were in fact an IDI he was selling.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any IDI with an E4OD transmission behind it does indeed have a computer and wiring that is different from that of a stick-shift truck. And in case of the F-Superduty said computer is different from any other found in 1-tons and smaller and thus cannot (or at least should not) be interchanged with other IDI PCMs. Just cause you didn't know that doesn't mean the seller is a moron, even if it were in fact an IDI he was selling.

I did in fact know that. Maybe I'm being too ******* the guy. I get upset at people saying anything they want to make a buck of someone else. I see it alot in my field and especially with how much time I spend searching Craigslist.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDI or PSD, this guys nuts on his price.

that was my thoughts.you can buy whole running 92-97 diesel trucks for this now.

with the internet,in 5-10 mins he could of learned about the 8th digit in his vin to learn what he had to sell first.