IDI into a military truck

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
This is the one problem with having a 5 ton. Yes the back is barely stuck. You need atleast 3 tons in the bed to get decent traction even when you sink it is still ok.

Also if possible get a truck with a front winch. They cost a bit more but are worth it, especially when you can use your winch in the front to pull you out to the REAR.

Attachments

• M813Stuck1.jpg
    M813Stuck1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 14
  • M813Stuck2.jpg
    M813Stuck2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
  • M813stuck3.jpg
    M813stuck3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 12

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yeah or check on the steel soldiers classifieds. An 813 was beinig sold in SE KY last month for $2k and it just needed tires and a few other odds and ends.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
yeah well they have a max scrap price at 4 probably and noone has bid that high yet. Also check camp shelby in MS, they do sealed bids so it helps weed out the scrappers.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
When you win and they have your credit card information the money will be withdrawn from your account at midnight the night that the auction ends. You will get an invoice on your my account settings on GL and you will have to fill out your EUC, if you need help filling one out let me know I can send u an example. They are pretty STUPID on their rules and procedures. Submit the EUC to them and you will get an email back whenever your EUC is cleared, you can also track the progress on GL. Then once the EUC has cleared contact the facility GL number they give you on the page and setup a time to remove it. You have up to 10 days once the invoice is marked PAID IN FULL. If you need more time you can just ask them for an extension. If you cant get it. post on the Steel soldiers site in the conversation or transportation section and other members in that area would be more then happy to pick it up for you and store it at their place for nothing. I have seen some EUCs take 48 hours and some take 60 days or more. It just depends. If you have a military ID it really helps. Also if you bid on an item and you CANNOT afford it and dont pay for it they will charge you 10% of the item bid and you do not get the item.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok you're about to get me in trouble with my wife shortly. Was looking at a couple trucks and found one local reasonable only thing that sucks is the auto. How hard would it be to install a big manual. I'm thinking a nine or ten speed.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Ok you're about to get me in trouble with my wife shortly. Was looking at a couple trucks and found one local reasonable only thing that sucks is the auto. How hard would it be to install a big manual. I'm thinking a nine or ten speed.

What type of truck is it? M913? M916?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
stick to the automatic and buy an updated overdrive kit or install a brownie. The automatic is nice on a 5 ton since they are a pain to steer, luckily they have power steering but they are pretty cramped quarters for us tall folks to be steering and shifting. I would kill for an automatic. You can increase your wheel speed with bigger tires.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have just talked me out of it with the tall issue. I stand 6'8" and anything cramped won't work. My back needs room to straighten out. Looks like I'll be building what I want as usual.