IDI in Iceland!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a video I saw on YouTube. One of our Iceland members IIRC. Also, I'm pretty sure it's Moosed as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOYveCJ4GQ&feature=plcp

They use these rigs to crawl around on ice, glaciers, frozen tundra and the like. Cool rig for sure and I just wanted to share it with you guys. I was over there in 2009 for a "family" wedding, and I can tell you all "off road" rigs there are like this.

Heath

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Body kit is not my cup of tea but still cool. Those wheels look like cream filling inside those bigo tires lol.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like most ground effects or body kits, but I can see how that one is actually kinda functional given the terrain and ginormous tires. I'll bet that thing can sling some snow/ slush.

fake edit: wow, no auto-correct on "ginormous"...I didn't think that was actually a word

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they certainly don't build them for looks. They tend to avoid lifting if possible. Clearence of the tires is usually accomplished by cutting the body panels. The flairs are required by their version of the DOT if I remeber correctly. Without the big footprint of those tires, they would be able to go anywhere off the roads there. Traction takes priority over style.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Icelandic brother-in-law gave a guy my email a few years back. He was talking to Herb about his old Ford diesel, he told the fella about my old Ford diesel. He said, talk to Heath, and we emailed back and forth a bit and I of course got him to OB. His name is Jorgen (user name is "jwolf").

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup JWolf is a client of mine. I've always been impressed with the work those guys do up there, and they do stuff outside in the open in the worse weather, that would have all of us yankee's running for a cup of hot cocoa, and praying for a warmer day.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Yup JWolf is a client of mine. I've always been impressed with the work those guys do up there, and they do stuff outside in the open in the worse weather, that would have all of us yankee's running for a cup of hot cocoa, and praying for a warmer day.

sure of that??? i had some stuff in the shop last year,,i couldnt move,,and was forced to work outside in the cold....but i didnt pick 40 below days,or when it was really blowing,, either..all of us yankees..............i also rerung,,a tdi,,out in the cold,,as the broke pickup was wating on parts in the shop..28 degrees outside when that happened..

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Really sweet crewcab, Heath. That would definitely get the drivers around here to get outta the way.

And yeah, my buddy and I were installing heads on my 7.3 today, remembering getting the engine out of my van on a 107º day a couple weeks ago.

But, hey, it's a dry heat...... love NorCali.

Remembering seeing a pic of a similarly modded Icelandic E, in fire service livery, though likely a later PSD.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Alright... what happened to this video link ... somebody's holding out :backoff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online