IDI Florida Mini-meet 8/24/08

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Sam and I met up with JD in Gainesville today, for an IDI mini-meet. It was great, being able to put another face with a nick name! We didn't get much time to spend together, but we did have fun! JD totally impressed me with how well his truck runs on B100! It sounds awesome!

I even got to shoot a few videos of the two of them drag racing and Sam just driving like Sam does...:D ;Poke :peelout

I did get a bit embarrased, when JD asked to hear my "New" truck run and all we got was a CLICK, when we tried to start it... :dunno :dunno :dunno

I guess I should have cleaned all the gunk off of the battery terminals first.. :idiot: :idiot: :oops:

Here are some of the pics I took.. Sam will probably post a couple more..

Gary

Attachments

• Mini-meet1.JPG
    Mini-meet1.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Mini-meet2.JPG
    Mini-meet2.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Mini-meet3.JPG
    Mini-meet3.JPG
    503.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Mini-meet4.JPG
    Mini-meet4.JPG
    665.1 KB · Views: 46

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics Gary, it was great to meet with you guys today. Did you make it all the way home or just stop for the night?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well....
at least the group pic confirms where Gary's avi comes from;p:D;Sweet
hey JD what's with the TX plates?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics Gary, it was great to meet with you guys today. Did you make it all the way home or just stop for the night?

I did around 700 miles and stopped for a nap in Virginia, around 3am... As of my first fill-up, this thing was getting 14.3MPG.. Granted, that part of my trip was all FLAT! I'm curious to know what my mileage will be for the whole trip. I know it'll be off, since I don't think the TC is locking like it's supposed to.

Gary

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TX plate is part of the truck's history. It came from a former member of TDS out in a small town called Dumas. The brotherhood gave me a lot of good advice buying it and PhilD went and checked it out for me.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 14.3 mpg is great considering you're not even getting full tq. converter lockup or OD.....sounds like driving with a C6. You get that E4OD right and with a little luck it will do a lot better for you on the highway at least.

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
gary i see your sporting a south end shirt, in florida, way to represent the area!! i hope you get the tranny thing figured out, if you need help adjusting the tps when you get home give me a holler and i will stop and and give you a hand.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a first? Can't remember the last time a "meet" of any kind was posted from that far south. :thumbsup:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well....
at least the group pic confirms where Gary's avi comes from;p:D;Sweet

now i dont have to cringe thinking it was guy:D :rotflmao

looks like fun, at least you guys didnt get rained out!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool Gary, JD, and Sam. Glad you guys got a chance to get together and hang out, even if it was only for a short while. I'm sure the trip was fun for ya Gary;Sweet

I hope to see all of you guys at the IDI rally in July.:D

Heath

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics, later on if my internet isnt being too tempermental I will post up my you tube account with the truck vids!! woo hoo! We sure did have a lil a fun........

And yes, that one pic is of a knife, I think JD planned on murderin' us, haha, no really it was just randomly under his hood and i thought it was hilarious! :D

Attachments

• Truck 034.jpg
    Truck 034.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Truck 026.jpg
    Truck 026.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 23

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that JD had a hood hinge stick open at one point? I have the exact same upwards dent in my hood :D actually, his truck reminds me of mine in many ways...

Looks like you guys had fun :cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online