I think it's it.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I have been having a growing problem with getting my motor lit once it has sat for a while. Overnight and in the parking lot at work. I am beginning to believe that the lift pump is the culprit. The motor worked fine in the donor truck, barely turning over before it fired. I think the valving in the pump is leaking down and allowing the fuel to return to the level of the tank. Drawing air in thru the return line. I would like to get some input on this.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It would be best if you described exactly how it behaves when you attempt to start it and after it starts

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Have You considered a electric fuel pump? The make starting this engines a much easier task.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
It would be best if you described exactly how it behaves when you attempt to start it and after it starts

Sorry, It spins over nicely, but it acts like it does when trying to get the remaining air out of the lines when bleeding the hard lines. Crank and crank, stumbles.....crank some more, tries to start.....when it does start it is really loud like detonation ping but smooths out when it runs a minute.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Have You considered a electric fuel pump? The make starting this engines a much easier task.

Yes I have. But funds are a bit low right now for that . I want to try the mod where the fuel filter is placed on the frame rail under the driver. But I am going to try the cheap was right now because of it being my DD.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
John....Did you get the pm I sent ?

Dennis

I got the PM but I think that it keeps getting lost when I send it to you. Check your inbox.

I did change out the lift pump. It was a good thing too. there was a large piece of gasket missing and making a mess of that side of the engine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online