i think i got a decent deal

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all I can say is wow....that was a smokin deal, it may take a little work, but the two most desired (and most expensive) upgrades have already been done to it...even on the used market, a complete ats and gv will bring close to 2 grand...nice work

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, by looking at your door tag, you have a F250 HD, (8800lb GVWR) which means you probably have a Dana 50 TTB front (a good thing). And by the 'c9 axle code, you have a limited slip Sterling axle with 3.55: 1 gears. ( another good thing with the diesel, keeps it highway speed capable and mediocre MPGs.)

I know the 'k' before the 'c9' means something, but can't remember right now.

EDIT: That truck has a GV unit, dang, that was a good deal.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys

i got to looking at the truck and dash parts while i was getting it started and noticed that the GV dash unit wasnt lighting up. so i looked at all the connections and worried over it all day. then the next morning as i was thinking about rolling out of bed it occurred to me that i hadn't checked the lights in the unit to see if they were any good. when i unplugged the light holders, there were no lights in them. after a quick look around i found them on the floor board and they are burnt out. i am hoping that is the only problem there.

my first project is going to be the front calipers as my friend and i decided that they are at least partially sticking because of the smell and heat from the tow home. i had to mount a tow bar in place of the bumper to get it home and it didnt seem to be hard to pull, but when we would stop to check the mount the hubs were warm and it smelled like burnt brakes. i am hoping this isnt too much of a pain to rebuild, but i will buy new if i must

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

i obviously have my work cut out for me but its going to be a fun project

did anyone notice that in this pic the far (driver side) leaf spring is missing something? the forward 4" or so is broken off. there is only one rivet still holding the sring together. i am no expert, but this seems like it could cause me some grief in the future. looks like i will need to get another part at pick-a-part.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dude, F250 or F350 you still got a killer deal. That truck looks extremely clean and you've got the newer turbo setup on it. Putting the D60 axle in the front is cake for a truck that's already 4wd. If you ever want to do that.
Brad, I have no idea where you got your info on all extended cab F350's were duallys and none were 4wd. That's a pretty blanketed statement.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
did anyone notice that in this pic the far (driver side) leaf spring is missing something? the forward 4" or so is broken off. there is only one rivet still holding the sring together. i am no expert, but this seems like it could cause me some grief in the future. looks like i will need to get another part at pick-a-part.

Yea I noticed that. It's causing the truck to sag on that side too.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the whole front end is sagging a bit. the passenger side has about 4-5 inches between the spring and the bump stop and the driverside is about 3-4 inches. i am going to look for a replacement set at pick a part and i am really hoping to get lucky and find some with add a leafs. otherwise, i will have to find a way to lift it cheap. add a leafs look like the best way to get 3" of lift for cheap.