I really hate these trucks at times

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I swear to God these damn trucks are always broken down. I get so sick of this crap. Its 0* outside and guess what I get to do, FIX ANOTHER ONE!
My moms crew cab blew a radiator hose this morning, drained the entire cooling system before I could even get pulled over. $80 in brand new antifreeze all over the road, $80 that I don't have to spend on **** like this. I can never get any of my own **** fixed because I'm always fixing my parents! Guess who gets yelled at for their **** breaking too???????? ME! Somehow its MY fault that their **** breaks! But OOOOOOOOOOH I'm EXPECTED to fix it when its broken or I get yelled at for not doing what I'm told to do. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT: I just re-read the OP and realized that you were driving your Mom's truck. Bummer.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sorry my friend. I find if I feel like this to just walk away. Waiting on a front cover to fix my botched water pump swap. Trucks been sittig with one start up since November.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
that sucks bro, i own a shop so i fix everyone else's crap before i fix mine but i love my truck. It overheated two days ago thanks to one of the retards in my shop putting the thermostat from my old gas 351 in the truck instead of the new IH diesel one i had. But i always make sure my stuff is in top shape, if the hoses are over X years old i change them for good measure. My crown vicky has silicone hoses, if i could get the same for this i'd do the same. Tell her 'rents to chill out.

mrbrink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. in 6 months I've replaced 2 lift pumps, injection pump, glow plugs, numerous filters and hoses and guess what? I got another air leak yesterday and lost my fuel prime and had to be towed home. This truck is one breakdown from going to the crusher.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks bro, i own a shop so i fix everyone else's crap before i fix mine but i love my truck. It overheated two days ago thanks to one of the retards in my shop putting the thermostat from my old gas 351 in the truck instead of the new IH diesel one i had. But i always make sure my stuff is in top shape, if the hoses are over X years old i change them for good measure. My crown vicky has silicone hoses, if i could get the same for this i'd do the same. Tell her 'rents to chill out.
engine related stuff on my own trucks, no hired help is allowed to touch.
pulling the engine, trans, or any major hd work...ok they get to do. injection pumps, thermostats, fan clutches, wiring...I do.

sean-
investigate why the hose blew. is it age or a frozen radiator? I've packed extra hoses over the years but never lost one to cooling issues. a serpentine belt cutting loose and slicing open a hose, yes.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of people do wait for the hoses to fail before replacing them.
i still don't understand the reasoning.replacing those low cost hoses; upper and lower both,at least every 4 years (every other coolant flush) is cheap insurance.
old truck or new truck.the maintenance schedule is what makes it reliable.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
engine related stuff on my own trucks, no hired help is allowed to touch.
pulling the engine, trans, or any major hd work...ok they get to do. injection pumps, thermostats, fan clutches, wiring...I do.

sean-
investigate why the hose blew. is it age or a frozen radiator? I've packed extra hoses over the years but never lost one to cooling issues. a serpentine belt cutting loose and slicing open a hose, yes.

well the kid wanted to learn. He's a GS guy now. Figured how hard can a tstat be to do in these, i've done them on the side of the road with simple hand tools (my old 91 dually on the side of I4)

Got it right, just the wrong stat LOL

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
YEP!!!! I know the feeling man LOL

I have a detailed record of everything that has been touched on mine for the last ten years... Its a pretty long list. Its aways something whether its an air leak, in cab switch/relay/gauge, or drivetrain part--there's always something.

-5*F in the driveway changing return line o-rings and chasing a phantom fuel leak is the best for me so far -cuss When it rains it pours. I'm just glad I don't have a 6.0--I don't know how people could handle that kind of stress :dunno

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean
Sorry to hear bout the breakdown, I know the "feeling", cold weather and all. (numb fingers, numb toes)
Some day some how, helping your folks will pay off in ways you won't expect. I run into the same situation fixing other stuff before stuff I need to fix.
Take care, keep warm.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Wow, I am glad I only have to be responsible for the vehicle I drive. I can't even keep that one on the road.LOLLOL I'm about to do my second engine swap in 6 months.:mad: Yeah, I'm mad about it but have on other person to blame but myself.:dunno Good luck man, I have come to find out most of us are underfunded and have more grease under our nails than we care to think about.LOL

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned my truck since NEW...but at times I say to myself..."my time is worth more to me than continually nursing and wrenching on old stuff". :frustrate:idiot::***::puke:
If you can afford it...new is good, and boy am I over due...;Really

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned my truck since NEW...but at times I say to myself..."my time is worth more to me than continually nursing and wrenching on old stuff". :frustrate:idiot::***::puke:
If you can afford it...new is good, and boy am I over due...;Really
When my work F550 6.0 launched it's fifth and last engine, Mission Valley Ford took the chickenshit out of the fact the mieage was 300 miles past the warranty. By the time the legal dust settled, two complete motor swaps could have been done.cookoo
I see a disproportionate number of dead late model trucks due to my line of work. But for crying out loud, getting chickenshit on a few hundred miles is ridiculous. btw, I do see Cummins too. they generally will eat a turbo only. I towed one truck this last year from lunching a 6.7. Compared to Fords, it's no wonder why so many commercial customers won't buy a Ford diesel for a long time.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my work F550 6.0 launched it's fifth and last engine, Mission Valley Ford took the chickenshit out of the fact the mieage was 300 miles past the warranty. By the time the legal dust settled, two complete motor swaps could have been done.cookoo
I see a disproportionate number of dead late model trucks due to my line of work. But for crying out loud, getting chickenshit on a few hundred miles is ridiculous. btw, I do see Cummins too. they generally will eat a turbo only. I towed one truck this last year from lunching a 6.7. Compared to Fords, it's no wonder why so many commercial customers won't buy a Ford diesel for a long time.
My next truck won't be a diesel...no need for it or the costly fuel required to run it.
PS > keep up the LEG SHOW :sly ;Really ;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sure got an education on these diesel's in the last five years, if it wasn't for all the breakdowns I'd be dumber than a box of rocks about em, and we wouldn't even need these forums. Just remember a "Self taught man is only as smart as the teacher" :D My Experience (Knowledge) comes from all the mistakes I made. The only mistake I ever made was when I thought I made a mistake. :rotflmao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I swear to God these damn trucks are always broken down. I get so sick of this crap. Its 0* outside and guess what I get to do, FIX ANOTHER ONE!
My moms crew cab blew a radiator hose this morning, drained the entire cooling system before I could even get pulled over. $80 in brand new antifreeze all over the road, $80 that I don't have to spend on **** like this. I can never get any of my own **** fixed because I'm always fixing my parents! Guess who gets yelled at for their **** breaking too???????? ME! Somehow its MY fault that their **** breaks! But OOOOOOOOOOH I'm EXPECTED to fix it when its broken or I get yelled at for not doing what I'm told to do. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I feel the pain. Five years getting my 92 running. Damn Grandkids crappy vehicles, always something. :puke: