I picked up one of these new 220psi water injection pumps

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
forgive me if this is a dumb old question but do you have a build thread on this .... this is something i want to do

Sorry man,
I didn't do one- didn't think anyone would be interested!
It's simple enough to describe though... the pump's mounted underneath the cab, screwed into the floor pan- where my left foot sits when not on the clutch. The wires are routed to a relay mounted on the drivers side wheel well, which pulls its power from a fused hot wire connected to the drivers side battery's positive terminal. The trigger wire positive pulls its power from the constant hot blade of the relay, is routed into the cab and up the gear shift to a toggle switch attached to the stick, facing forward. The reservoir(s) are made of 4 pieces of 4" sch.40 PVC, two straight runs and one "L" in this configuration- Ll| with fittings and hoses for equalization between the three sections and breather/overflow holes on the top sides. The "L" shaped reservoir has a PVC adapter to a 1"NPT female to accept a male 1" NPT/1" hose barb nylon fitting that the 1" fill tube is connected to, which is routed up to and zip tied onto my washer fluid reservoir (coincidence only, I do NOT use washer fluid in my engine). There is a 3/8" nylon reinforced clear hose from pump to water filter, and from filter to galvanized equalizer header (probably un-necessary) then 1/4" hose from that to the 1/4" brass 3 nozzle manifold mounted in the stock air cleaner cover. Nozzles are all aimed at the center point of the air intake. Here are a couple of photos- (edit) and a youtube video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAysYPp5V4&feature=channel_video_title

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait to get my truck here so I can put my Snow Performance water/methanol on! I bet it'll make some pretty good power and keep my EGTs down.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, let me fill in the story about the Water/**** Injection on the Enterprise. Trav was running a modified pump on E-1, a Banks Sidewinder turbo, and a E4OD. He wanted more power than he had, so he decided to try Water/**** injection. He set it up, put a 15 gallon Pop-Up water tank in the bed to to feed the system. He used this nozzle to inject into the intake.

He took the truck to a Rally, the one in TN. I believe, and bought all the washer fluid in town. He was showing how it worked, and went through the 15 gallons of washer fluid in about an hour. The engine started to knock..... when he got back home, he tore it apart and found all 8 pistons were cracked and the wrist pins were headed toward the crown of the piston. There was so much water going into the engine, it was hydro locking on each compression stroke..... so led to the demise of the 3rd IDI in the Enterprise.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, let me fill in the story about the Water/**** Injection on the Enterprise. Trav was running a modified pump on E-1, a Banks Sidewinder turbo, and a E4OD. He wanted more power than he had, so he decided to try Water/**** injection. He set it up, put a 15 gallon Pop-Up water tank in the bed to to feed the system. He used this nozzle to inject into the intake.

He took the truck to a Rally, the one in TN. I believe, and bought all the washer fluid in town. He was showing how it worked, and went through the 15 gallons of washer fluid in about an hour. The engine started to knock..... when he got back home, he tore it apart and found all 8 pistons were cracked and the wrist pins were headed toward the crown of the piston. There was so much water going into the engine, it was hydro locking on each compression stroke..... so led to the demise of the 3rd IDI in the Enterprise.

Wow that's a lot of water in an hour! How many pounds of boost was it set to come on at? Or was it coming on at full pressure when he was just idling the truck? I guess I'm just curious what the conditions were when the water was being injected. Lol

sassyrel

Reaction score
history is repeating itself.
you should do a search on the demise of the original "Enterprise" at the hands of "ARGVE"............:eek:
remember....injector nozzle the size of a firehose is a really bad idea.

well,,he WAS,,dumping in WAYYYYYYYYY more water,,then the guy that did the original build out of colorado designed it for..ask travis,,he will tell you,,he was wayyyy out of bounds......................at the moment,,dont remember the guys name from colorado....

sassyrel

Reaction score
LOL yes it is. Link? I succesfully ran 2 nozzle setup (Snows setup) on a 24v Cummins for about 30k miles. But that pickup was running twins and a whole lot more giddy-up and builtness than an IDI has attained. I'd be interested in reading how the Enterprise took a beating on water/**** for sure

and pressure also..........................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online