I picked up one of these new 220psi water injection pumps

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SNO-40300/

In an effort to combat soot and coking from wmo, I have been misting water into my intake. I am hoping that the h2o will offset my switching to wmo soon after startup and running at low speed for hours on end. I tend to leave the wmo flowing as much as possible without switching back to the assrape priced diesel fuel.

I am running 85% wmo/15% reg 87 gas. It is a pretty economical fuel since I get the wmo free as well as the gas. (I drain the gas out of scrapped cars.)

I have been trying to use a washer bottle pump with not good results. The washer pumps keep burning up so I grabbed one of these from summit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Next thing I need is a water tank to install behind the cab in the cavity behind the bedside.

I also thought I would mention that water injection seems to work. After misting water for an hour, compression seems to increase and the smoke decreases. Turn off the water, and after a short time, the smoke is back.

wmoguy

Reaction score
subscribing!

How and where are you injecting the water? (i.e at the hat or into the air intake?

Are you using Snow's nozzles?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
history is repeating itself.
you should do a search on the demise of the original "Enterprise" at the hands of "ARGVE"............:eek:
remember....injector nozzle the size of a firehose is a really bad idea.

wmoguy

Reaction score
history is repeating itself.
you should do a search on the demise of the original "Enterprise" at the hands of "ARGVE"............:eek:
remember....injector nozzle the size of a firehose is a really bad idea.

LOL yes it is. Link? I succesfully ran 2 nozzle setup (Snows setup) on a 24v Cummins for about 30k miles. But that pickup was running twins and a whole lot more giddy-up and builtness than an IDI has attained. I'd be interested in reading how the Enterprise took a beating on water/**** for sure

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
I am currently running one of the smallest snow performance nozzles. 100ml/minute. I have not installed my turbo yet so I have my nozzle in the air filter lid next to the wing-bolt.

I really do not expect to hurt my engine unless I accidently hydro lock it, however any warnings are greatly appreciated.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I am currently running one of the smallest snow performance nozzles. 100ml/minute. I have not installed my turbo yet so I have my nozzle in the air filter lid next to the wing-bolt.

I really do not expect to hurt my engine unless I accidently hydro lock it, however any warnings are greatly appreciated.

how is the injection activated? Switch in cab? Hobbs switch? My Cummins was on a dual Hobbs switch, injector 1 fired off around 25psi IIRC, and injector #2 @ 45lbs IIRC. Boy I remember getting those Hobbs switches set to the right boost pressures being a real pucker factor. If the ****/water mix came on early you would have thought the motor was going to jump out of the pickup! (read: check your drawers, I mighta just ruined a perfectly good motor)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis was feeding ungodly amounts of windsheild washer fluid into that engine. He will have to give you the specifics, but I think the key here is to make sure your MPG of water is much more than your MPG of fuel.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis was feeding ungodly amounts of windsheild washer fluid into that engine. He will have to give you the specifics, but I think the key here is to make sure your MPG of water is much more than your MPG of fuel.
mel-
you're so philosophic.....:eek::D:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao;Sweet

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
how is the injection activated? Switch in cab? Hobbs switch? My Cummins was on a dual Hobbs switch, injector 1 fired off around 25psi IIRC, and injector #2 @ 45lbs IIRC. Boy I remember getting those Hobbs switches set to the right boost pressures being a real pucker factor. If the ****/water mix came on early you would have thought the motor was going to jump out of the pickup! (read: check your drawers, I mighta just ruined a perfectly good motor)

The water injection pump relay is activated by switch on the IP. It switches on just above idle. I do not want water misting at idle because it pools up and then gets sucked in all at once (bad).

Argve blew up the Enterprise's engine? Did he eject the warp core? :rotflmao

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Biofarmer93 on here (Guss) has been using water injection and loves it he says. Talk to him.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The water injection pump relay is activated by switch on the IP. It switches on just above idle. I do not want water misting at idle because it pools up and then gets sucked in all at once (bad).

Argve blew up the Enterprise's engine? Did he eject the warp core? :rotflmao

Almost, lets say it was fun while it lasted.........

If he does not fill in the details, I will in a day or so, he is extremely busy and not on much.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Biofarmer93 on here (Guss) has been using water injection and loves it he says. Talk to him.

Yeppers... 3 Ecologic stainless & brass .015 nozzles running at about 70 psi. I recently installed a GE whole house water filter to cure a orifice clogging problem, but that has been the extent of any woes with the system. It's manually activated with a toggle switch mounted on the shifter. The nozzle size and pressure combo is good for about 3-4 gallons an hour of distilled & isopropyl. It's fed from a series of interconnected 4" PVC reservoirs mounted under the drivers side with a 13.5 gal. capacity. Noticeably increases power and mileage, and Eric is right- I'm loving it.:D;Sweet -Gus

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Yeppers... 3 Ecologic stainless & brass .015 nozzles running at about 70 psi. I recently installed a GE whole house water filter to cure a orifice clogging problem, but that has been the extent of any woes with the system. It's manually activated with a toggle switch mounted on the shifter. The nozzle size and pressure combo is good for about 3-4 gallons an hour of distilled & isopropyl. It's fed from a series of interconnected 4" PVC reservoirs mounted under the drivers side with a 13.5 gal. capacity. Noticeably increases power and mileage, and Eric is right- I'm loving it.:D;Sweet -Gus

forgive me if this is a dumb old question but do you have a build thread on this .... this is something i want to do