i looked into by crystal ball...

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the front seat. There have been times that it would be nice to seat 6 people in mine, but that is not an option with buckets and console.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
those mileage estimates are an improvement over what i have been getting in my current work truck. i feel good about the durability of the C6 vs the later automatics and also the lower cost to rebuild them. it does suck that there's no lockup TC but i think overall performance with the C6 will be fine.

my '78 F250 with 400/C6 took a hell of a beating plowing snow and the trans never flinched. motor blew but that's another story.

i'm also happy to be moving back to a truck with dual fuel tanks, it makes it easier to use alternative fuels. and the IDI parts are a lot cheaper.

let's just say i learned a lesson with the PSD. someday when i'm rich maybe i'll try another one but the IDI does the job just fine for less cash.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you said that the PSD didn't give you a whole lot of mpgs, surprising. It seems again that some PSDs and some IDIs are turds out of the box when it comes to mileage. I kinda thought my IDI was on the low side with those #s. Hopefully she'll do better with the T19

crossent

Reaction score
most likely its a ZENA welding system, there pretty neat check it www.zena.net/

Hello all,
The welder is a premier power welder. It has sentimental value to me as the original designer(link arc) was a good friend that passed away. It has a 110 outlet for around 2500 watts and will accept lights $ brush type power tools.I'm glad an idi enthusiast is getting the truck. And Rob, remember, get out of the salt belt asap so i don't wake up in a cold sweat thinking about my truck with rusted panels!
Mike

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
welcome to OB Mike. i can't wait to get that truck in my driveway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
And Rob, remember, get out of the salt belt asap so i don't wake up in a cold sweat thinking about my truck with rusted panels!

Don't worry Mike it'll take at lease 3 years of snow/salt

BTW Welcome to OilBurners. Looks like you've taken good care of her. Rob's a worthy owner. He'll treat her right.

Attachments

• robs truck snow.JPG
    robs truck snow.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 28

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Sweet ride, hard to beat any old Ford with a rust free body let alone one as clean as that rig....Years of service left in it I'm sure and well worth a engine swap should the need arise....It's like I told the wife, as long as the chassis under my F250 is ok I can build a truck around it.:rotflmao

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get a 110V receptacle like Rob's new ride has? I could think of a lot of times when that would have been sweet to have. Such as when the power is out or I'm a long way from home and need a charge on the cell phone.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get a 110V receptacle like Rob's new ride has? I could think of a lot of times when that would have been sweet to have. Such as when the power is out or I'm a long way from home and need a charge on the cell phone.

I've had a Tripplite 550B inverter/charger in the Moose Truck for over 20 years. Works good, just don't try to run a hair dryer with it. LOL