i looked into by crystal ball...

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
my old IDI has been paid for in full and will be picked up this saturday. i'm going out there to change glow plugs on it tonight in fact. i made a deal with the buyer, i'm not going to back out now.

the CC is an '86. i agree Russ with the 3.55s i think i'll benefit from the US Gear as an underdrive more than an OD, ecpecially when towing my trailer. the owner says than in underdrive it effectively has 4.56 gears, then kick it into direct once you're up to speed and you have 3.55s. maybe after i get the turbo on it i'll change my mind.

this truck only has a 4 prong trailer plug so that indicates how hard it's been worked. of course that will all change but it will be a well loved tool for my business.

it just so happens my brother is getting married in L.A. the first weekend in April and i was going to CA anyway. so now it will be a one way ticket instead of round-trip:D

it should be a fun ride back.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Nice clean truck Rob! ;Sweet -Drool -Drool

hey...what does the cable on the right fender control?

You have any plans to convert the GP system to that like the 7.3?

Gonna be a nice ride home ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Yeah, I've seen that, and I must say nice truck, but it definatly needs a paint job, and I really dont want to spend that kind of money again. Other than that, its pretty nice.

here's one for you. a little work needed and a coat of paint too to make the bed match.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/car/601925259.html

Bummer, posting deleted. But that thing is a little to far away for me LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I STRONGLY disagree about the need for an underdrive with the 3.55s and C6 unless you're going to be pulling really heavy. I pulled my 20' boat pretty easily even before I put my turbo on, but man that o/d would be nice on the highway, even so its not so bad with the 3.55 gears as you know from your old F250 you can drive 65-70 without your ears ringing. It would definitely be getting the turbo if it was my truck, no 2 ways about it!

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the cable/bag on the passenger fender is for some type of welder that is not included with the truck. it has a hi-po alternator that powers it that he's swapping out for a new motorcraft alt.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Rob, Glad you will be getting that, and for 5K, Nice truck and nice price, Even if you have to go get it.

Cant wait for more pics!

Keep us posted,..

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I STRONGLY disagree about the need for an underdrive with the 3.55s and C6 unless you're going to be pulling really heavy. I pulled my 20' boat pretty easily even before I put my turbo on, but man that o/d would be nice on the highway, even so its not so bad with the 3.55 gears as you know from your old F250 you can drive 65-70 without your ears ringing. It would definitely be getting the turbo if it was my truck, no 2 ways about it!

i'll be pulling between 5-10k lbs. my main concern is getting the load moving on a hill. but i have only driven an IDI C6 combo once and that was unloaded.

i will definitely be installing the turbo the truck comes with but not before replacing the head gaskets and adding head studs. then i will look in to converting the UD to an OD. apparently there's a conversion kit available.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The C6 pulls great, I just hate the no O/D and how much power it wastes with no lockup even at WOT. On the positive side it really does take a lot of crap to kill one, and they will perform adequately even with some pretty serious abuse. Bad thing is you'll be lucky to get 14 mpg around town. I'd say 13-14 loaded and 17 empty is pretty realistic for that combo on the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel