69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
...and saw this truck in my future :dunno:angel::D:D

You must be registered for see images attach

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Looks like a nice clean truck. If the miles and the $$$ are right, I'd say go for it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wheres that thing at, and how much, cause if you dont want it I would be willing to go pick it up. Man I would just about kill for a CC.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i aint tellin, it's on its way to being mine.:backoff

let's just say when i go to Los Angeles for my brother's wedding in 2 weeks i'll be driving this back.:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Is it a turbo IDI by chance?

That right there is the score of a lifetime, I dont think I would hesistate to for out 7K for that thing from looking at that pic. Though that camper shell/topper thing has to go :puke: , but other than that, that thing is super nice. What kinda front end, I cant really tell, but is it a Dana 60?

My friend, you have found an awsome IDI ;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yes it's a D60. no turbo but it comes with one (banks) i can install. C6 US gear underdrive 3.55 gears. i may be able to mod the USG into an OD.

the camper top does not come with the truck. the turbo kit and other extra parts are included, as are lots of reciepts and manuals. the owner and i spoke at length this evening and i will be sending him a deposit tomorrow.

i have to thank Darrin for giving me the heads up on this truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well now.... My crystal ball sees the license number so living in Ca. I "could" find it and thats that.....;p :moon: :fight: :sorry: :joker: But I wouldn't do that to a brother of the fold. Really a nice clean looking truck and its 4x4....

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
LOL yeah i know there's a certain level of trust in the brotherhood.. and if i hadn't spoken to the owner and worked out a deal i wouldn't have let the cat out of the bag. it's all up to fate now.;burnout-Drool:angel:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how much is he wanting for it? I'm not asking as if I was trying to find it on the web or something :)angel: ), I'm just curious as to what that truck would bring money wise.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
all right all right:rolleyes:LOL

there's good news and bad news. the good news it i'm getting it for 5000. the bad news is it has 300k miles on it. but that's a risk i'm willing to take given my experience and the fact that this guy has all the records to back this truck up.

it's a lot of miles but i know this chassis like the back of my hand and have a pretty good handle on the drivetrain as well. and it's a rust free body. it has newer steering parts but original ball joints and front axle joints. the guy seems fussy about it with 2500 miles oil changes etc. i have a good feeling about it that's all i can say.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell YEAH! If the owner is "fussy" enough to do his oil changes TWICE as often as the recommended service interval (at least I think I read that the owner's manual says change it every 5k), then 300k miles isn't that bad. With regular maintenance these motors are good for 500k - and it sounds like this one has had better than just "regular" maintenance.

I'd rather buy one with 300k that was babied than one with 150k hard miles of abuse & spotty maintenance any day....

Nice find.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not bad.
you talked him down $600
btw....
i found his original Ad:D

chalk one up for returning back to the brotherhood ;Sweet

one more thing....
if you have an empty bed and can run up to the SFbay area, I've got some radiator core supports and various sheetmetal that would be like gold in your neck of the woods. speak up quick if you're interested.

Last edited: