I Just. Can't. Win....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
No they don't.
A C6 is the easest tranny to rebuild. Even a Caveman can do it.:D
Did you rebuild it?
Did you have a C6 manual?
Did you adjust the 2nd gear band? Screw it all the way in using a torque wrench set to 15 ft. lbs. then back it out EXACTLY 1-1/2 turns.
Do you have at least 23 inches of vacuum?
Was the VRV ever adjusted?
Did you replace the short vacuum hose on the modulator at the tranny?
Make sure the fluid level is up after running it when warm, might be low after filling the torque converter.

You must be registered for see images
Is that the one on the side of the trans to adjust the second gear band? Is there one in the trans too? I know on the 727s in the scouts theres one under the filter and the external one outside the trans.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I bet you slid the pump in and damaged the seal rings that feed the clutch pack originally, I havent read the original post but if tthat isnt it then the forward clutch inner piston seal cooked and is not sealing anymore.
Too bad your so far away, i can do a c6 bench to bench in 2 hrs. no that doesnt include r&r.
did hundreds of them for tugs at evergreen.

I'd like to think I didn't, but ish entirely possible. Whichever it is, unless the stopleak cheat can get me rolling for a month or so, I'ma have to drop and rebuild. =(

Jus read yout OP, man that sucks. If you need any c6 parts I have tons.

If you've got a set of pump gears, and a source for a good master kit. I may just want to nab them in a few weeks when I order your return line kit.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do just let me know a little ahead of time, oh, need to know the gear thickness.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
The gears read @ .662"
I will try and give you at least a week lead time before I order, but it will not be a hurry then anyway.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the one on the side of the trans to adjust the second gear band? Is there one in the trans too? I know on the 727s in the scouts theres one under the filter and the external one outside the trans.

In the pic where it say's adjusting screw. Should have said intermediate band instead of 2nd gear. That's the only adjustment on it. The modulator can be adjusted, but it's not advisable to do it, can get fubared real easy.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I have another c6 2wd truck at my house I may be parting soon if you want/need another trans?

Thanks but, at this point, iffen I am going to find the money for another trans. I am going for the zf5 swap. =P

I am so done with slushboxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online