i am fed up ill pay some one

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you really need to write some intelligible sentences, and then may be we can help you out.

From what I can make of what you posted, you replaced the fuel filter, and now it won't start? If so write down what you've done and how you've done it, and then may be we can give you some help.

mR

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try hitting the Schrader valve to bleed the air and/or crack one of the injectors and have someone turn it over until it spurts fuel. Then try to start it.

When I change my fuel filter, I will try to fill it so the pump wont have to work so hard pumping the fuel in it and on to the injectors.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, he is not getting fuel to the engine.

Did you change the filter before the problem?
If so, take a 5/8 wrench and crack the line at the filter outlet on the rear of the fuel filter mount. After you have fue there, I popped the lines loose on all of the injectors (disconnect the power to the IP so you do not have a run away as you are trying to do this). Jump the selonoid or have someone crank it for ya until you get a seep at each injector. Tighten 'em back up and in 15 min. you are ready to rock and roll. Do not forget to put the connectors back on the IP when you are done.

SWS

1989f2507.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i did all that a long time ago. all this happened after i changed the fuel filter. i bed the system countless time and is getting air bound after i drive it not even a 1/4 down the road. fuel filter changed twice with 2 different filters 1 puralater and other is a car parts now changing it with a wix w/built in sediment bowl,fuel pump changed with a car quest diesel one. it pumps 7 psi 30 gph. new steal fuel line from the electric pump to the plastic line that comes off the selector valve.i put in a new shrader valve double checked to make sure everything was tight. thats the most complete i can tell u sry for that

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
How much fuel is in the tank? Less than 1/4 and it could mean you need to pull your sender and check for a missing bypass valve.
Ken

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
Did this problem just start happening after you changed the filter or did you change the filter thinking it would solve the problem.:dunno we need more info to help you fix your problem

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A 1/4 tank is when these trucks run out of fuel because the pickups in the tanks break off. Add about 5 gallons to a tank thats got 1/4 in it and you will be fine. I'll bet you have been running out of fuel when the tanks show 1/4 full....

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Seriously, bring the tank in question up to 1/2 and see if your problem goes away. I had a 90 that you could not go below about 1/3 tank on the front tank because of a broken bypass valve. It is an easy fix once you find the problem. It sounds like you have eliminated most other posibilities. The bypass valve in the sender is a real problem that happens quite frequently. If worse comes to worse I am sure I will be back in Verneon for work soon enough and we can hook up. I installed all the stadium lighting at the high school and the one park with the soccer fields up there.;Sweet Vernon is also where Sirius Satelite radios primary upload facilty is;Sweet;Sweet(worked there too!)
Ken

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
yes that makes perfect sense, the tank must be low. btw dont get so mad with these trucks that you loose sight of all logic. bottom line being, if you've tried everything and its still not working, then you didnt try everything. im not being an ass but its something i have to remind myself sometimes when i get worked up. it helps me find the solution faster.

KR69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was sucking air like crazy a few yrs back. The back tank was pulling air into the fuel system even running on the front tank. I don't drive it a bunch, so I just plumbed it direct to the front tank for now. At least that's what I thought about 2 yrs ago. Still haven't fixed it right yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online