I’ve got a tick...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping I’ve found it.

You must be registered for see images attach

That and the area found it seems pretty sooty. More than I remember so I suspect this has gotten worse. I’ve always suspected a leak there but it seems worse now. Fingers crossed that’s all it is.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tighten both nuts, run your fuel down to 1/4 tank and dump two quarts of motor oil in with the fuel. Drive on Backcountry roads till you're on vapor and refill with clean diesel. That otta plug'er up.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a few injector ticks/knocks over the years. The bad injector will let hot exhaust gas get up into the injector body. It can even melt the return cap. But, it can be easy to find injector that is bad.... it will be much hotter to the touch than it should be. Just don't burn your hand.

I hope it's just the exhaust leak you posted above.

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still pretty under the weather but it was 60 F today and cabin fever got the better of me. I tightened up the flange and took it for a drive. The noise is still there but I think the leak was amplifying it to make it sound scary. It doesn’t seem as scary now. I have to climb back under and wipe the door off the pipe so I can watch it. It’s been a couple oil changes since the incident, I think I’ll send a sample off this time when I change it over the winter. Hopefully there’s nothing real scary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online