Hypemax pulse or banks sidewinder

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thw big 3 aren't bad but I wouldn't buy a new one since most can be bad for 500$ish and a rebuild isn't very expensive. Typ4 modded mine and I think it's working out pretty well

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thw big 3 aren't bad but I wouldn't buy a new one since most can be bad for 500$ish and a rebuild isn't very expensive. Typ4 modded mine and I think it's working out pretty well

I was thinking used but there are not very many used and if they are it's not the whole kit. But there are not very many turbo idi's around.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty much my situation. i have a hypermax base with a much bigger turbo which has made the 90cc pump seem small as with the banks it was almost too big.

I have the Hypermax pipes and pedestal put a BW s360 on it and a r&d 90cc pump. Actually it’s a 100cc according to my build sheet. I’ve seen 23 psi unloaded going uphill and egts of 900.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id would also agree about moving away from the main 3 for a turbo kit. These kits were designed 20+ years ago and while at the time they were leading edge things have changed alot since then. I would talk to Mel about his moose boost or talk to R&D about a stage 1 turbo setup. The S200/S300... are modern turbos that im sure R&D has matched well with these engines. I like my banks setup and would love to see how it performs under a good load, but I also wouldnt mind some more modern power from a newer turbo setup.

I totally agree seeing some more modern power wouldn't be a bad thing. I contacted justin over at r and d but haven't heard back yet.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call him or email? He usually answers his calls during the day his phone can be busy sometimes though. There are tons of used kits out there I see them almost everyday usually banks ats or factory kits

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Hypermax pipes and pedestal put a BW s360 on it and a r&d 90cc pump. Actually it’s a 100cc according to my build sheet. I’ve seen 23 psi unloaded going uphill and egts of 900.
Justin rates his pumps at 2800rpm; you should get more fuel lower in the rpm band, but you rarely end up with more HP down there, which is why he does it.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also see turbo kits very frequently. They are out there, you just have to look. Heck i have bought two under $300
I agree that the kits may be archaic but they still perform very well. I think adding modern touches very much helps. ie: having russ put a 60-1 wheel in, a ww2, a bigger down pipe, and such.
Also if anyone is looking for any turbo kits talk to @typ4 he has stellar pricing on them.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call him or email? He usually answers his calls during the day his phone can be busy sometimes though. There are tons of used kits out there I see them almost everyday usually banks ats or factory kits

I sent him an email on it.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fordfan90 with emails it is hit or miss with him as to how quickly he responds.
His suggestion is to call, and if ya dont get an answer give him another call a hour or two later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.