Hydroboost setup

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a complete hydroboost setup worth? I've got one I'm thinking of selling..

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
condition? just the booster? does it come with all the lines and the h-boost p-steering tank? does it come with the h-boost pedal assembly?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A rebuilt hydroboost unit without the master cylinder is around $180.00. Most will install the larger plunger master cylinder with the 1 5/16 bore. That works so much metter than the 1 or 1 1/8 bore units. The brake peddle is around $60.00 and the new hoses will cost around $50.00. I don't know if you want the price for a rebuilt or new power steering pump but figure that to be about $80.00. Or just buy a differant power steering pump resoviour housing.. These are terrific brake upgrades to out trucks because they more than double the line pressure and using the larger master cylinder will allow more fluid per peddle length of throw into the brake system. I understand this brake system is a closed system but.. When the rear brakes get way out of adjustment the smaller master cylinders just can't supply enough volume to fill them so they work at all... Thats why we get that sinking brake peddle feeling after we have come to a full stop. Also the rear adjusters not functioning properly puts all the stopping load on the front rotors.. Hauling heavy will warp and crack the front rotors is short order too... Done that too before I found out about the crappy rear brake self adjusters not working right.. Now I self adjust them manually and use the hydroboost.. Very seldom do I have to adjust the rears because more fluid is finally reaching them. Enough to make them work like they should...

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Probably asking the wrong group of guys...

Me, I'd say it's worth about $20. Check is in the mail... :sly

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clayton,i payed around $400 brand new (08-20-2011) if this help you any to price your used one.it's probably more valuable to you,to just install it though imho.massive improvement.

Gary,thanks for sharing that experience.this has been an ongoing issue with my rears not self adjusting worth a darn,even though everything is brand new in there.im running the stock master.so sounds like i should upgrade it to the f-super's then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance