Hurry and buy this 6.9

DragRag

Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1668376836.html

It has a trans and GV that is worth $4900, the GV returns an extra 6 mph to! Wish mine could do that. Another huge upside is the clearance lights that lets everyone know you are not a flat lander! What would I do without those?!?!? You might really want to take a look at this truck in person. It set up heavy for travel out in the "boom docks" of all places. Where is that anyway? You can do some serious gold panning out of the back of this rig according to, but not limited to I might add. For you enjoyment of course......;Sweet

Very first thing that popped into my head after reading that add once again was......deep fried corn dog. Yup, that's for sure.

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
lol

at that price you can't afford not to... only $2500 for a 24 year old ford with no engine?! where's my wallet?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were serious for a few moments. I kept thinking, $2500 for something with no engine, when you can get running trucks for $500-1500. But then I read that it has expensive aluminum wheels... someone snap that thing up!

sassyrel

Reaction score
expensive alum rims--then why in h is the front left one a standard steel rim--what a doush---

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sleeper cap was $900 new. Sure would be nice to be able to get those still.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, you need to wear your "stall boots" to read that add. I have seen cow pastures with less :bs in it than that add. Not a bad truck, maybe $1000 worth, and maybe 1500 with the engine back IN the truck.....

Amanitas

MechE, Tinkerer
Reaction score
Ha... here's my email to this guy:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1669082694.html

Dear Steve of San Fransisco Bay Area,

I wanted to inquire about your truck which you have listed at the following link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1668376836.html

Please tell me how much you want for the motor you took out in an attempt to get more money than either are worth alone, much less together? I'd really like to have a truck that runs right from the get go for the asking price, which you list as $2500. You fail to mention the mileage, too, which concerns me. So, I will assume a standard 12,000 mile year times the 24 years which gives me a grand total of... and I'm no mathematician, but I think this number it right... 288,000 miles. Now, let's play Check Kelly Blue Book!

Here's some points to ponder, Steve:

1. KBB doesn't list vehicles for years prior to 1990 currently.
2. A private seller on the KBB links has listed their standard 1986 F250 XL with 264000 miles and in GOOD condition, WITH A MOTOR, at $3995.
3. Your vehicle is, judging by the pictures and the fact that you're trying to hock the motor separately, is NOT in GOOD condition. Poor, at best.

Let's continue, Steve, because this is where it gets fun.

It's unclear whether your hood is in good shape because it appears that you have placed the guard piece strategically to cover the possibility the hood is bent up. This is further supported by the fact that the hood is not seated properly. Now, you may argue that it's simply because you have the hood popped open, just not all the way open. Perhaps it doesn't shut all the way because you took the motor out and there's something in the way... like all that expensive air. Either way, I may suggest you close the hood completely before taking pictures, and don't mention the missing engine. You might find some poor sap who buys it anyway... just make sure you don't share permanent contact info with the buyer. Based on the truck, they may be the type of southern boy with a grudge against you Rice-a-Roni types in your cable cars and rainbow bumper stickers.

... wait, please tell me you DON'T have a rainbow bumper sticker on this thing? If so, knock at least $3000 off the asking price for replacing the chrome bumper.

Which, brings me to another set of points.

1. "has Gear Vendors overdrive manual transmission valued at approx. $4900. new, the overdrive efficiency adds approx. six miles per gallon" This is a FALSE statement. One, the value of that setup is at most $3000. And, it DOES NOT add 6 mpg. Nice try though, slick.
2. "A commercial grade auxiliary fuel tank is a real plus for any heavy travel" This is a factory option. But, I commend you for your efforts to be a poor salesman!
3. "Has expensive aluminum alloy wheels" which may need to be replaced at some point, and saying they're EXPENSIVE is NOT a selling point! Additionally, these rims come FACTORY STOCK on these trucks... so I refuse to believe you put these on aftermarket. I will not pay you for your expensive rims. I'm sorry.
4. "...extra heavy duty chrome rear bumper with step up. It has the long running boards for easy in and out" so far everything you've mentioned is a factory option. I'm not impressed yet.

Here's where I get really impressed though:

1. "This truck is a heavy duty rig set up for travel out in the boom docks" It COULD be a heavy duty rig, if you left the engine in it, genius!
2. "the cowboy roof lights lets people know your not some flat lander" bothers me on many levels:
1. What do you know about cowboys, other than your San Fransisco bedroom fetishes?
2. What do you mean "flatlander?" Because last time I checked, much of the midwest... you know, where COWBOYS traditionally ran their ranches... IS FLATLAND!
3. And finally..."This truck was accessorized with the intention of reliable, efficient travel for gold panning/dredging in the gold country, but not limited too"
1. Accessorizing is something you do when you're looking to get all gussied up (Cowboy term for what you San Fransisco kids call 'dressing up'), not something you do to a big, nasty, hippie crushing F250... especially when it all comes stock anyway.
2. Reliable, Efficient travel REQUIRES AN ENGINE, doesn't it?!
3. Why would anyone still want to pan for gold?
4. Where is the gold country? Name a single place on the map that hasn't already been claimed by some large company with lots of "NO TRESPASSING" signs!
5. Why can't I drive this truck to Limited Too? Maybe I WANT to go there, did you ever think that maybe selling this truck with that specific exclusion clause would kinda kill if for the hard working Cowboy who just wants to buy his little girl a good pair of pants? Or even that not so hard working hippie guy who just wants to wear his favorite skinny jeans? Or, did you have a bad experience and you don't want us to find out about your nonreciprocating love affair with the store manager? ... You were the catcher, weren't you, Steve. Are you sure your nickname isn't Mike Piazza?
6. PS... "BOOM docks?" *** is that? How's about, BOONDOCKS. It's an actual word, you should look it up. Dictionaries are wonderful things, Mike... I mean Steve.

My conclusion is that I will offer you $1 only for this truck, since I will have to perform the following to get it ready to drive in public:

* Replace back bumper to get rid of the rainbow sticker.
* PUT THE ENGINE BACK IN, STEVE!
* Misc. standard checking and maintenance.

Please let me know if my offer of $1 will suffice, and I will come pick it up.

Thanks, Mike!

... I'm sorry guys, I just HAD to light into this [nice person]. lol

Last edited:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
HOLY TOLEDO! :eek:

Normally, I flag posts on CL that irritate me, but that takes it to a whole new level. :sly

I live in the SF bay area, I don't have a rainbow sticker on my truck (I do have a biodiesel sticker, though, compliments of my wife) :sly

There are a few areas one could still pan for gold, up in the Sierra foothills there is federal park land on the American and Sacramento rivers where you could spend time trying to gather gold, truth is there is actually a lot of gold moving through the whitewater areas in the forks of the American river, only reason no big company owns it is because it was declared a National Park many, many years ago.

My grandfather owns land in Nevada and he spends about 4 months a year in search of gold... Obviously he hasn't struck it rich, but it keeps him occupied. :D

Amanitas

MechE, Tinkerer
Reaction score
Appologies to SF residents...lol

HOLY TOLEDO! :eek:

Normally, I flag posts on CL that irritate me, but that takes it to a whole new level. :sly

I live in the SF bay area, I don't have a rainbow sticker on my truck (I do have a biodiesel sticker, though, compliments of my wife) :sly

There are a few areas one could still pan for gold, up in the Sierra foothills there is federal park land on the American and Sacramento rivers where you could spend time trying to gather gold, truth is there is actually a lot of gold moving through the whitewater areas in the forks of the American river, only reason no big company owns it is because it was declared a National Park many, many years ago.

My grandfather owns land in Nevada and he spends about 4 months a year in search of gold... Obviously he hasn't struck it rich, but it keeps him occupied. :D

Well, good luck to your grandfather! And, wow... I had no idea that panning for gold was even still remotely a possibility... it seems like something only elementary school kids would do on a field trip or something.

I'm sorry if you found my references to Cowboy fetishes and Rainbow Stickers offensive, I meant no harm to you specifically... or to any of the wonderful, friendly residents of the SF Bay area. In fact, Full House was one of my favorite sitcoms growing up. TGIF!!

Also, it's April Fool's day, so I get to be a bit of a prankster. ;Really

Anyway, the point is the guy's a [nice person] and I think he needed a good jabbing.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me what else people in San Francisco do in the bedroom! You got me interested. :rotflmao

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
No offense taken! I found your email to be hilarious!
:D

Mel, the only thing I've been doing in my bedroom lately is sleeping..... LOL

But, then again, I don't technically live in san francisco. :rotflmao