Hunting for a Core, not to build, just mock up.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I need a core engine, with heads, oil pan and exhaust manifolds. Doesn't need to be repairable, just needs to hang on a chain so I can mock up engine mounts, and build around it, so I don't run into a clearance issue.
What would really be cool, is one of those plastic "mock up" engines. Also, I'd like to find a ZF-5 2wd core, for the same reasons. Need not be rebuildable, I don't care if it's just an empty shell. I would like to have the output yoke, and shifter, so I can build my driveline, and design my remote shifter.
I really don't want to drive to either coast to pick it up, and I won't drop a big pile of money for this.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
tall order. never seen a plastic mock up of the 7.3 but im sure they are out there. id be scouring junk yards or finding a local fleet and ask if they have an engine thats thrown a rod or something catastrophic that theyd be willing to part with.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I assume you are looking for a ZF5?

If not, the same guy that has the engine might have a T19! :)

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Yeah, I need a ZF. I've got to invent a remote shifter, so I want the mock up as accurate as possible. Thanks for the offer, though.